• Happy National Telephone Day! 🔔☎️📱📶

T-Shirts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Since I'm going to have some time on my hands for the next month or so I am looking into the costs of having T-shirts made up with the CT logo at the top of the page made.
So, I'm wondering if there would be interest in something like this from members? Not sure if it's financially viable and I know the bottom line is what it would cost to you the end user. If there was any profit made it would go back to the site or making new shirts, not looking to make any cash off of this. Thoughts from the gallery?

dougd

I just bought a new t-shirt. That's a big deal, 'cause I don't shop for clothes very often. This black one should last me a long time, until it becomes a cleaning rag, which is not a mutually exclusive use from me wearing it. You get the idea.
Anyway, I love the t-shirt idea Doug. That canoe tripper guy logo in the site heading would look great on a shirt. So too would the birchbark. Robin and team came up with a cool site header for sure. I would hope there would be some profit from this for the site. You will need to figure this out of course. Although, like I said, I'm already all caught up with my annual clothing purchases, I'd splurge on another t-shirt. Count me in.
Get well soon Doug.

I'd be in for one. A friend of mine has a T shirt printing business that I can hook you up with for a price. He is currently hiking a portion of the AT and won't be available for a few weeks.

Since I'm going to have some time on my hands for the next month or so I am looking into the costs of having T-shirts made up with the CT logo at the top of the page made.
So, I'm wondering if there would be interest in something like this from members? Not sure if it's financially viable and I know the bottom line is what it would cost to you the end user. If there was any profit made it would go back to the site or making new shirts, not looking to make any cash off of this. Thoughts from the gallery?

I am definitely in for a Canoe Tripping tee shirt.

I still have a tee shirt from the 1980s rec.boats.paddle days. Two different ones actually. And an NPMB shirt. And a collection of local canoe club and Duckhead tee shirts. The better ones have held up well, material and sewing quality matters, even with a plain cotton tee shirt.

I also have many, too many, embroidered canoe related hats, but those are much more a personal preference fit than a simple tee shirt. Some I never wear, and they are pristine. Some, like the LillyDipper Racing Team hat, are so begrimed and sweat stained as to not be fit for public display.

For tee shirt graphics I like discreet stuff, maybe just the familiar single color solo paddler, presumably that is Robin, at the top of the message board page, set in an ovalized circle, with CanoeTripping.Net curved around the oval.

A simple one color single imprint on the left breast or etc is good by me.

It has been a long time since I had stuff silk screened, but a twenty dollar CanoeTripping tee shirt, or whatever it takes to at least double your money for continuing CT funding, would be worth it to me.

Whatever you have made it will be, or at least was, less expensive if the same company uses the same logo on any future order.

Put me down for two.

Well since you asked Doug, no tagline for me please. If a picture can tell a thousand words, then the graphic image in the header says it all and more, for the tripping that I do. Yeah, if the simple design is so humble and pleasing, I'd be a fool not to order two.
Hats. I've struggled not to become a collector of ball caps, but have only succeeded sporadically. My daughter recently wanted to borrow one for her planned summer trip to Algonquin. I was stumped "Don't you have even one, one ball cap of your own!?" She looked at me quizzically, as if only a lucky fool would have one, and an old fool might have several "Of course not. Why on earth would I have any!?" Our conflicting logic confounded the both of us. A true What The Hey moment. "I might have a couple, but I haven't bought one in years." Well let's see. Two out in the shed, strictly for work. Four in the van for whatever. Front closet, yup. Basement closet, yup again. Hanging at the back door, some more yup. Then came the tricky question of which might be suitable for lending to a daughter...she just picked one before I could offer my least liked one. Okay. Keep it I said. I can always replace it. Those words slipped out before I could catch myself. So maybe the long story is Doug, I need another hat.
Not sure what restrictions there might be on reproducing illustrations. re: F.L.Jaques type images.

Last edited:
Doug, if you decide on hats I have some preferences, and embroidery vs silk screen will not come cheap.

The print on silk screened hats I had made fell apart over time in hard, wet, crumpled tripping use, the ones with an embroidered logo lasted and lasted, until the hat was beyond fugly sweat stained and dirty. Not that a dirty hat bothers me when I go to the country store in overalls and fuzzy Crocs.

Hats are such a personal preference thing. They need to fit the head comfortably, which is different for everyones noggin shape. And they hopefully come with an oversized bill, dark colored underneath, which is useful for shade and sun glare.

But, if it is a hat, of any kind, I am in.

I still have to get in touch with a guy who has a small shop the next town over who seems to have fair price and to talk to him and get a quote. Still in the planning stages. I had planned on starting with T-shirts first and see how that went and see about hats later, I prefer a hat myself. The more patina as it ages the better I like it but my better half just calls them gross! ;-) I've checked some other websites and their prices are steep enough to keep from buying any so my goal is to keep it plain and simple and affordable. I'll know better in a week or so when I'm a little more ambulatory, still hobbling around right now.

dougd

Dougd: About 18 months ago I had some custom embroidery work done on a baseball-type hat; no mesh and sized like a real hat (not adjustable). Best baseball-type hat I own. Even though it was a one-off, it wasn't very expensive. If you'd like I could ask the woman who runs the business to take a look at the logo and get a quote.

At Maine Canoe Symposium we always have t shirts.. As its a recurring annual event we do eventually unload all the shirts but sometimes at a loss.
Sizing is the issue. Women often want a woman specific cut ( mens are too wide up top and too narrow in the butt) and then calculating how many small and how many medium and how many large and how many extra large.. Dont get into 2x 3x though we have requests for those too.
Inventory of a large range of sizes means many organized piles and keeping accurate count. Sometimes we miscount and have a shortage of one size and unhappy customers and a plethora of another size that we cant almost give away. From year to year we occasionally lose track of where and how many shirts there are.

Hats if you can get an adjustable buckle ( not the plastic tab which i think everyone hates though I could be wrong) are more universally sized. Even among canoeists there are not a lot of ego sized heads.

Now as to that fella in the logo.. can we make him more androgenous and move him a little forward.. People that far back need to be hauling a moose. Persnickety I know.. I like the old time feel of the logo. No color please!

Dougd you going to be good to go for open water season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back