• Happy Marine Mammal Rescue Day! 🐳🐬🦭🦦

1960's Chestnut Chum for sale $1800 Long Island NY

Reaction score
Just erased my original message, don't think I'm ever going to learn.
Restored Spring 2018 by Frank in Schuyler Thomson's shop, new canvas, paint, some ribs, planks, decks, some gunnels.
Included, chestnut paddle, canoe cart, potage pads plus a cool pack basket that i bought a few months ago when I though I was going to paddle the Hudson River all the way into Canada and become a voyaguer! The closest I got was a 10 day beard and a green checkered flannel shirt. But I did paddle in Maine and Canada (BWCA gathering 2018)
I do know of one plank cracked from a meet in with the NJ Devil on a Mullica River
Had fun working a bit with Robin in his barn plus my own cleaning of the tarnish. Warning wear goggles all the time! ouch.

Glad I was able to salvage the Chum from a NH family but living downstate NY I only get to paddle it a few times a year. Hopefully the next owner will be closer to the water and take it out more often.

I spoke to the chapter leader of WCHA in Boston and asked him to tell the members out there, I'm also going to post on FB Chestnut group.
I'm willing to travel 100 miles to show the boat but tolls and gas do add up so please think carefully if your interested in it.

It was fun getting to paddle it and just wish I had a camp on the water somewhere up north to use it.
PS, Memaquay's pack included! Keep it going around the world!
Thanks for looking, coldfeet (David)image0.pngimage1.pngimage2.pngimage3.png

Wow...it looks so wide in the one photo and so narrow in the other. Good luck in selling it. I wish I had a reason to make the purchase but I can't use all the canoes I already have (LOL).

That's all for now. Take care and until next time...be well.

snapper

Coldfeet, that's a nice looking canoe. You could also list the canoe in the WCHA classifieds, which is free if you are a member and $35 if you are not.

Price reduced $1,725. I have it listed on other sites a bit more but it's to tough to change them. Also playing Lotto so if I win then I'm buying me a cabin with a lake and will keep the Chum!

Back