• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Wood canvas canoe gathering?

Best wishes YC.
Sadly I can’t make it those dates.
Happily our son is flying in from London for his 30th birthday on the 19th.
Have fun.
I did enjoy going there about 4 times.

No registration is required to walk around and enjoy the event. I emailed to make sure of this about 2 weeks ago.

I got here yesterday (Wednesday) and plan to stay until Sunday AM. I have my 1914 Old Town Ideal. Wearing the WCHA ballcap.

Fitz

Camp is set up and we are out on Follensby Clear. Loons are everywhere. See you tomorrow at assembly.

Just got back this afternoon. I had to leave a day early. Sorry I missed everyone. Great event with really nice knowledgeable folks. Tom Mackenzie’s canoes left a big impression- I had never seen them in person. Beautiful location too.
9ECB66DA-73EA-425E-BB5E-520F650F19F6.jpeg
BE0D64D9-EAF5-427C-B4EF-64B1E04E580D.jpeg

Yes I was hoping to put my Loon Works Duet up for sale. It's got kneeling thwarts rather than seats.. But seats can replace the thwarts. I have three of Tom's boats.
This year was special. Paul Smiths has always been the ideal venue for space for exhibits, paddling opportunities, meals and housing on site. Its not going to be easy to find another venue. .WCHA has tried other venues in the past because the people in the Midwest and the West have a very long trek.

Back