• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

WCHA Annual Assembly at Paul Smiths NY July 15-19

Reaction score
Who is going? Becky Mason will present on Woodland Caribou Provincial Park.. The program all four days looks great! Lots of opportunities to see and paddle wooden canoes.

I'll be there, camping across the lake at the point with a few Boston Chapter guys. looks like some good presentations, saw one about 'Swimming with your Pal, The canoe", not sure what it's all about but looks like my new go-pro will get some use!!!
Becky Mason, Hap Wilson, and seat caining with Pam Wedd, those are on my list, plus a sawmill demonstration by folks from the college.
See ya there.

I'll be there, camping across the lake at the point with a few Boston Chapter guys. looks like some good presentations, saw one about 'Swimming with your Pal, The canoe", not sure what it's all about but looks like my new go-pro will get some use!!!
Becky Mason, Hap Wilson, and seat caining with Pam Wedd, those are on my list, plus a sawmill demonstration by folks from the college.
See ya there.

Oh help...Geez....Can I borrow your Go Pro and see how it does when I don't get out??? ;)

G nite from the Assembly. Robins across the lake camped out on the point sans wifi.. Peaceful. I am in the dorm facing his campsite but with wifi..

Though the skeeters are out, he is probably in the better place..

Today was canvassing Cronje's Chestnut.. Tomorrow seat caning and a morning excursion on the water.

Enjoy yourselves in Wooden Canoe Heaven! Hopefully you can post pics of all the eye candy for the rest of us missing the fun.

No I had a heart attack today and am in the cardiac unit in Plattsburgh. Canoe tripping no more at least this year. I can't lift heavy loads over 25 lbs. take care you all

OMG Kim! Wish you all the best for a speedy recovery and a slower pace. Love your wit and wisdom. Love to follow all your adventures, but please don't flame out.

Holy Shnikeys!!
Are you feeling OK?
Were you out and about when it happened?
Here's to a speedy recovery and a quick return to your active lifestyle...

I didn't feel fine this am but am up walking. And do feel fine I just now own a bit of metal and too many pills. I sure hope I can do a paired solo on a couple of Maine lakes or ADk. No big remote canada trip

Oh YC, I hope they take extra good care of you down there. Please mend well in good spirits, and know there are many good thoughts and wishes coming to you from every compass direction.
Best wishes for a gentle and speedy recovery,
Brad

Kim,
dang!! Sorry to hear that. Hope you have a speedy recovery and are back on the water quickly.
Best wishes,
Dave

So sorry Kim! I guess the rest of us will have to pick up the slack with trip reports around here for a while, give you some entertainment. You now have an excuse to buy some really light canoes.

Not good and dam scary Kim but am glad to see that you up to do a little walking. That's a good sign all things considered.
Being able to do some walking the very next day just shows how robust you are.
All be best - get well soon.
I see some calm weather quiet paddling in your future but no stress and that's an order!
Ted

Jesus! Sorry I missed this. You got lucky. Take it easy and get well soon!

Kim,

I looking forward to years of chasing you around the country on paddling trips.

Kim,

My best wishes and prayers for your complete recovery. It's a blessing that you were fairly close to a top cardio unit.

I don't think Gavia was asking about the type of metal, but rather what you meant by having some metal. Was it a balloon angioplasty and metallic stent insertion?

Back