• Happy International Mermaid Day! 🧜🏼‍♀️

WCHA Annual Assembly at Paul Smiths NY July 15-19

Because of the long decks wrapping around and covering part of the bow seat not much is available for sitting. Many North Americans have a wider rear end than the seat accommodates.

Thanks, that makes sense. Similiar issues with the old boats I work on, stern seat placement and how skinny it is. The Canadian we already know won't fit Christine's butt, so I will have to sit there if we ever get it into the water. When I built those, I made them a little wider than factory but still not as wide as the laminated seats I usually make, they are wider, longer and contoured. Those will go in Red's Tremblay.

As for why my boats up to now aren't worthy of Assembly... I have esteem issues already so showing something that I don't feel adequately represents my capabilities is just not going to happen. It is just a personal thing I'm sure you can understand.

As for why my boats up to now aren't worthy of Assembly... I have esteem issues already so showing something that I don't feel adequately represents my capabilities is just not going to happen. It is just a personal thing I'm sure you can understand.

Karin, remember this always: You are not your work. Anyone who judges you by your work doesn't get it.

Karin, remember this always: You are not your work. Anyone who judges you by your work doesn't get it.

No one judges at Assembly.. we share. Remember many folks there who have wooden canoes do NOT have restoration skills. Ever. Or yet. I am in the yet category.(I hope! ) It might be the never ever category!

There is no need to bring a boat. There are always boats that are fireplace candidates there. Usually someone brings them for sale or because restoration isn't practical for their budget or to donate to the Auction.

Sometimes what one perceives as inferiority, another perceives as skill. I really admire your pictures of the restorations you are doing Karin. I am sure there are "booboos" but no one else notices. It works that way with my knitting too. I am ashamed to enter into a show. I know there are flaws. Others say they can't find them and I'm sure they aren't just being nice.

Back