• Happy Marine Mammal Rescue Day! 🐳🐬🦭🦦

WCHA and Adirondack Canoe Symposium

Reaction score
I am expecting to attend but haven’t worked out the details yet, probably stay with my daughter in Saranac Lake.
Jim

The WCHA assembly.

Last edited:
A good question, Bob, as both events should be very enjoyable and informative to anyone interested in canoeing. I'd very much like to attend, but it's currently probable I will be unable to do so for a variety of personal reasons.

The ADK club Paddle Outing will also be at Paul Smith College from July 10 to July 20. Usually between 80 and 90 paddlers. The ADK people normally leave the campus between 8 and 9 in the morning to do paddles. Typically going in small groups of around 10-12 to local places to paddle. Based on recent years 50-50% canoes to kayaks. Canoes are primarily light weight tandems or pack style boats. I'll be at the ADK outing with my Rapidfire (blue on top of black Jeep Trailhawk) and will try and find you to say hello. --- Ray

I really want to, but we have a couple of other travel commitments that might expend the budget. And it's 7 hours driving each way.

I will be there and giving a presentation about the Carleton Canoe Company on Thursday evening. It would be great to see many of you there too.

Benson

Looking forward to it. I will have my navy blue Old Town 50 pounder on the same color Volvo wagon- a coincidence I think… There are other blue vehicles and floatilla to choose from now that I think about it… so maybe not.

Bob

I've signed up for several ACS workshops Fri-Sun. I would have liked to fit in more WCHA events but can't take that much time off work. I'll get up as early as possible on Thurs but it'll be after lunch.

I'll have a black Phoenix, and perhaps another boat, on a green Forester. I'm camping at the tent sites on Paul Smiths. Hope to see some folks there!

Maybe the CTN attendees could identify each other, not by car or boat colors, but by the "CanoeTripping.net" t-shirts and/or caps you could be wearing. That is, the shirts and caps that someone other than me could volunteer someday to take orders for, get made, sell, and ship. Just a thought for the future of many events and potential trips.

Paul smiths= Can't say either way but iam working on it. It would be nice to meet other CTNers. As a way to identify- Mohawks? Stripbuilt sunglasses?

Maybe the CTN attendees could identify each other, not by car or boat colors, but by the "CanoeTripping.net" t-shirts and/or caps you could be wearing. That is, the shirts and caps that someone other than me could volunteer someday to take orders for, get made, sell, and ship. Just a thought for the future of many events and potential trips.

There is a company called bonfire that makes custom merchandise easier because they'll host your design and then members buy the apparel direct from bonfire, one-off. Upload the designs and then you're done because members can buy direct: no shipping and $ exchange hassles at all. Someone in my sailing club set it up and it worked great for us

Getting excited about next week. I’ll be driving from Maine to Paul Smith’s on Tuesday and will be at the assembly Wednesday thru Saturday. I’m not staying on site but I’ll be coming every day.
If anyone wants to share phone numbers so we can find each other send me a PM.
Jim

I'll be there at the ADK club paddle outing which is from the 10th to the 21st. staying in the Lydia Martin Smith dorm (by the beach). Will come over and look at the great craftmanship and beauty of the WHCA canoes wearing my canoetripping T-shirt. If you are eating meals in the college cafeteria I'm the old bald guy with the ADK name tag -- Ray

Just went through some tools I have too many of and I’ll be bringing a couple drawknives and about seven spokeshaves so they can maybe find a new home, also some vintage paddles that I don’t need sitting in the corner anymore.
Jim

Back