• Happy Marine Mammal Rescue Day! 🐳🐬🦭🦦

Photo of the day

My new Swift 15.8 Carbon Fusion Cruiser. Bill Swift drove down from Canada and personally delivered it to me at home last week. it has a racing seat with attached integral fully adjustable foot rest, a custom extra high seat (for ease of single blade paddling), and a custom portage yoke attachment.
1689420895483.png

View attachment 136465View attachment 1364651689420415335.png

Last edited:
What is a paddle by?
At the Wooden Canoe Heritage Association’s assembly, they have all, or most, of the many canoes on display line up and paddle by a viewing deck , one at a time and there is an announcer giving the details of each canoe along with the paddlers names. It’s quite a spectacle, people in costumes, some beautiful canoes, a good time.

So like an auto auction without the buying and selling. Sounds fun. Are there non-paddling attendees watching?

The photo seems to show the stern of the canoe. How much weight do you put in the stern when you paddle stern-forward.

That is a beautiful lake. Is it just haze or is that smoke?
Yes it's the stern of the canoe that you see. I put a 20 liter(5.3 gallons) canister in the bow.

It's just haze that you see on the photo. Officials do not recommend to light open fires because it's dry. Most people follow the recommendation. No smoke from fires that day.

Spent four days fishing and recreating on a lake North of us, took both square sterns, good times!
d1BZdOY.jpg

dZoWIVa.jpg

4DsicyD.jpg

Back