• Happy National Audubon Day! 🐣🐦🦅🕊️

Cast Your Vote for Blade Finish in Knife Build FUNdraiser

You trust me to flip a coin? I'll do it.

Well, the good news is that no matter what the outcome of the coin flip is 50% of the voting members will think you're honest. The other 50% is a crap shoot. Sure glad I wasn't elected foreman of the jury. ;)

Mem sure has been quiet these last couple days as the decision is getting close to being made with controversy in the making. I like to think he's like George Brett calmly sitting on the bench just waiting for the umpires decision before making his final case.

Alan

Parking Token.

Heads - mirror.
PC271677.JPG

Tails - satin.
PC271681.JPG

Tails it is. Satin.

PC271682.JPG

Let's try best out of 3...

PC271667.JPG

Tails again. Satin.

I was gonna do best out of 7, but I handed Miranda the parking token and asked "Where'd this come from?" She was walking around the kitchen talking (maybe to me, I wasn't paying attention), and now she can't remember where she put it down.

Isn't a free lunch generally included in jury duty? We should've sequestered to a nearby hotel for deliberations/libations and solved all the world problems while we figured out this satin-mirror conundrum. At least we would've fixed the world if not the blade finish question.

Thank you Brad for being foreman. Seems about right. It took nine days, seven pages, and 1300 views to come up with a hung jury. If I ever trip with you guys I'm going to insist that there is one trip leader / king to make decisions. Otherwise we will starve debating weather or not to eat supper. All good fun. Love you people. Forward Ripster!

Isn't a free lunch generally included in jury duty? We should've sequestered to a nearby hotel for deliberations/libations and solved all the world problems while we figured out this satin-mirror conundrum. At least we would've fixed the world if not the blade finish question.

Yes, lunch is provided by the foreman IIRC.

Thank you Brad for being foreman. Seems about right. It took nine days, seven pages, and 1300 views to come up with a hung jury. If I ever trip with you guys I'm going to insist that there is one trip leader / king to make decisions. Otherwise we will starve debating weather or not to eat supper.

Truly a prescient moment when you elected not to have an election regarding the sheath design and materials. Good call.

Truly a prescient moment when you elected not to have an election regarding the sheath design and materials. Good call.

Actually my wife made the call weeks ago. As soon as she said it it just rang true to me. She couldn't believe how nutty the build thread was getting so early in the winter. I enjoy the fun we're having as long as I can keep it moving forward.

Actually my wife made the call weeks ago. As soon as she said it it just rang true to me. She couldn't believe how nutty the build thread was getting so early in the winter. I enjoy the fun we're having as long as I can keep it moving forward.

I am looking forward to seeing the continuation of the build thread.

Before starting work you may want to check the statute of limitation on calls for a recount, debates about butterfly ballots and hanging chads and the validity of using a parking token to decide such critical matters.

A parking token which mysteriously disappeared immediately after the purported coin flip. If you look closely you can see Brad in the distance, holding a shovel with an evil grin.

http://www.3dartistonline.com/image/13968/grassy_knoll_v

Mike, I grew up in the Annapolis Valley in Nova Scotia. It was a hot bed for the Baptist religion, and even though I was never a member, I associated with those guys every day. They were all of Loyalist stock, Yankees really, even sounded like they were from Boston or sumpin. Anyway, next time I go home, I'm gonna take a picture of you to one of their tent revivals and flash it all around so that they will finally and definitively know what Satan looks like.

Memaquay, anything to help a brother out.

Umm. For the sake of pedantry, I think you have your coin logic flipped so to speak. The heads side is the front of the coin and the tails side is the back, the side with the bird that has a tail. Therefore, based on your tosses, mirror is the actual result. So, mirrored it is, get to polishing Rippy, no need wait on further discourse.

In case my argument doesn't work, and this is going to sound a little crazy, but how about polishing one side of the blade and leaving the other side matte? That way you have the choice to hide from the bears or blind them with the brilliance, or just have a constant reminder of the struggle that took place here.

Edit: also with a juxtaposed blade we could have a much more dangerous game of chance, the knife flip.

Last edited:
Back