• Happy National Audubon Day! 🐣🐦🦅🕊️

Sony's awesomely capable RX-100 VI pocket camera

Reaction score
This is the one often used by professional photographers and vloggers for high quality results when a pocket camera's wanted. Sony has increased the zoom range from earlier versions, now up to 24-200, with 400 doable with digital zoom and sharp optics. Very fast autofocus. And includes several options to increase dynamic range for high-contrast scenes, the range from light to dark that the camera can capture. Again, amazing that so much can be packed into something so small. Downside is that a single splash or one hard knock can make all the capability disappear, and probably for me, too much camera when you want something quick and reliable, without too much messing around. But reviews for RX-100s suggest that quick and reliable operation is designed in, which is what accounts for the popularity.

Lots of reviews out there, a lot of anticipation over this release earlier on... this review includes some nature scenes and landscapes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWlShZk0KfY

Ummmm... at $1500 Canadian, don't hold your breath.

But maybe I'll go crazy one day and actually buy it.

The root of all evil today is money. If you'd like to know more, send me $100.

...(jest kidding of course)

:)

Yes, the folding selfie screen is vulnerable. One of the reasons for buying an Olympus waterproof without that and I've been OK with the bashing around it's had. The popularity with vloggers makes a selfie screen a must-have so it sells.

I've got a short list of compact travel cameras that should provide high-quality pix but I haven't had time to check them out. Some are half the price of the RX-100.

Back