Trip Report: Little Tupper Lake, William C. Whitney Wilderness (May 2021)

Reaction score
Rob or Anne probably. You said "difficult," I assumed you meant the conditions on the carry, not how hard/easy it is to find. It has been too long since I have been up there. Maybe you could get some info about it from the NYDEC. When are you planning to go? If I go up before then, I could take a look for you.

Reaction score
Round Lake Stream drains around Lake into the Bog, most of it is barely navigable now, spring run off would be a wild ride. The carry around those rapids is rugged.
Likewise for the lower Bog, below the lower dam. Higher waters are required, carries are rugged.
I do know that lower Bog can be paddled in a stripper... Upstream on either is really not an option.
If you’re planning a loop trip, best to just bring a bicycle for a self shuttle, IMHO.
I have a bunch of pics I can link, maybe, I’m also having extreme difficulty posting from my pc

Reaction score
I enjoyed this, thanks TrailBlazer. The ADKs are a gem of a place for sure. And thanks for the map. If I were an Upstate New Yorker I could happily spend a lifetime exploring the Dacks.