• Happy National Garlic Day! 🧄🚫🧛🏼‍♂️

Show me your canoe truck

Those diesel trucks Toyota make are not allowed in Canada and I'm not sure about the states because of emissions. They used them at a mine I worked at and were locked out for anything over 40km/h. Once they are 20 years old you can then operate them because they are considered a collectors item or some odd rule like that. They are rock solid trucks, more so than the Tacoma's from what I've seen.

I use to have an Hilux Surf(four runner) it was a right hand drive, 4x4 turbo diesel, 1989, bought used from Japan, with 90 000km. It was a great truck, but I rolled it 8 years ago...

No - that's not mine. Just came across that on the way home from a day trip a few years ago.

This is mine. I sold it a couple years ago, but now I've bought it back. Just too handy of a canoe hauler....

Ford Ranger FX4 with removable rack for the canoe.

Attachments

• 10307239_10100669088718047_6085045002109926142_n.jpg
    10307239_10100669088718047_6085045002109926142_n.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 1
This is Phil. He's an 07 Sierra that I bought used. I really didn't want a 6" lift kit but it was already that way. I'm sure the extra height is hurting the gas mileage. Other then that Phil and I are real tight.
fetch

You could have the lift kit removed...
I thought about that but I would need to buy a whole bunch of front suspension parts that have been replaced by the lift kit. The back end would be easy to drop because it is just spacers.

6 inch blocks? That is about as unsafe as it is possible to lift a truck. You could have it removed and sell the kit to recoup some of your costs.

Get some used parts from the wreckers to return the front end to stock and sell the lift kit. We took all the 31's and light bar and such off our toyota and put it back to stock ...much nicer ride and way better on gas. We sold off all the custom parts to pay for the rest of it. Worked out good for us.

Christy

I'll give it some thought. I guess I hadn't thought of getting parts from a salvage yard. Probably wouldn't cost that much.

In case anyone is wondering, the rodents at the parking area for the Bog River Flow/Lows Lake can and will get into a 2014 Odyssey and nibble on your snacks.

YES! That explains alot then to me (and apologies to the wife!) same deal, except we were camped at Horseshoe 'cause the parking lot at Low's was FULL and it was very late...little buggers got into the vent system and chewed on lots of stuff that would normally have been in dry bags or boxes. Also a Honda Odyssey. Almost dropped in from the overhead air vents in the early AM when she was sitting in the back seats reading...

No Title

Our Chevy. With contractors rack, easy up, easy off, no concerns about weight or windage on the road. Only current issue - too darn small with load of two teens. Teens are now 6'1" and 6'4" and think THEY should be doing the driving...too cramped for 6 hours drive each way. And they tend to revel in being 'gassy'! :p "Dad. There is no gas crisis...!"

Attachments

• photo2174.jpg
    photo2174.jpg
    505 KB · Views: 1
I see a couple of Elements in here. What are you using for racks, and what is the bar spread? I'm about to steal mine back from my lovely wife and make it into my playmobile.

I see a couple of Elements in here. What are you using for racks, and what is the bar spread? I'm about to steal mine back from my lovely wife and make it into my playmobile.
I mounted the first TPS welded aluminum roof rack system on the 2007 Element I gave to my wife. It significantly increased the bar spread over the stock system and had rubber inserts on top so we can load SUPs and canoes upside down or add standard kayak saddles .I posted a lot of photos of this system on the Honda Element owners forum Including my wife loading our 20 foot tandem kayak on it
Ill look for some of the photos to post here

My wife loading the 20 ft older model Kaskazi Duo tandem kayak we had on our Honda Element with TPS welded aluminum rack system
We were launching at Sunrise park in Oak Hill florida on the inter coastal waterway to paddle over to the Canaveral National seashore

Attachments

• BD37EFF9-0925-476B-AEC3-3D8BC538B98E.jpeg
    BD37EFF9-0925-476B-AEC3-3D8BC538B98E.jpeg
    196 KB · Views: 4
Back