• Happy "Killer Rabbit" Attacks President Carter in His Paddle Boat (1979)! 🚣🏼‍♂️🐇

Screen Names

I'll post some pictures once I read the how-to section. I'm really happy with the canoe (Kipawa), but my real issue now is that I want to build a second one, this time a solo! The 'dueling' canoe builds a little while ago (Kite and Osprey) have fanned the fire, I might need to make some room in the garage this spring...

I'm actually in Montreal (hence the easy access to La Maudite!), but grew up in Winnipeg.

I'll post some pictures once I read the how-to section. I'm really happy with the canoe (Kipawa), but my real issue now is that I want to build a second one, this time a solo! The 'dueling' canoe builds a little while ago (Kite and Osprey) have fanned the fire, I might need to make some room in the garage this spring...

I'm actually in Montreal (hence the easy access to La Maudite!), but grew up in Winnipeg.

Getting out of Winnipeg might be the best move you ever made.

I got my name after my stint in the Maine State Prison. I could turn anything into a blade, and used many different style "shanks" to get what I wanted...which was usually your dessert (I like pudding).

actually, my last name is Shankle, so I've been "shanks" my entire life....I've only recently gotten into knives, and I'm not a big fan of pudding.

I screen named myself after my favorite legal document: my birth certificate.

My avatar is the licensed logo of my part time vocation as a sports writer and photographer, Magic Bus Sports. I have YouTube channels called MagicBusBasketball and MagicBusCanoeing. The magic bus idea came from the fact that I've been driving Who-ish vans since the nine years I lived in Woodstock, NY, where The Who played in 1969, and that my current van has three Woodstock stickers on the back.

IMGP0093.JPG

Mine's rather obvious. It's better than "Steve all over the place" that I would have had to use thirty years ago, and I like being reminded of that.

I chose mine because of my Cherokee heritage my grandmother was Cherokee of the wolf clan, so being an old grey haired man I chose Greywolf.

My name is the nickname I got when I was four days old. My "real" name created too many family arguments on both sides so when my Dad said every time I was hungry I snapped like a snapping turtle going after something, it stuck. I've been that almost 62 years now.

That's all for now. Take care and until next time...Be well.

snapper

My name is where I like to be, well beyond the end of the road. I have a dream for remote places, those destinations far beyond where the roadends. For me the adventure begins after the roadends.

A place name...it's a bay on Lake Superior, south of Thunder Bay near the Minnesota border, an amazing protected anchorage with steep cliffs around it. My folks moved near there when they retired, and I was thinking of them when I registered on another site, and just stuck with it...

It also reminds me of weirdass scifi author Theodore Sturgeon.

And some sturgeon I ate in Landsdowne House (today Nestanga), an Anishnabe (Ojibway) town in Northern Ontario, when I went there once in the 90s. This guy had a freezer chest that was literally a solid block of sturgeon. He just chipped one out when he needed one. There was a chisel and hammer on a shelf above the freezer. Every time I buy ziplock freezer bags, I think of that.

Last name Leplaw, nick names that are common between my Father and Brother are Lep and Leppy...

Below from wiki
Meister has been borrowed into English slang, where it is used in compound nouns. A person referred to as “Meister” is one who has extensive theoretical knowledge and practical skills in his profession, business, or some other kind of work or activity.

My Brother calls me Lepmeister... but I think he is having a laugh.

Back