• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Pictures of Favorite Canoe Places

Reaction score
I like this forum, with it's members from many different places...places I've never been, never paddled.
I would love to see a few photos from a favorite canoe destination....kind of like a travel brochure...make me want to go there some day!

Here's what I mean...

Place: Killarney Provincial Park, Bell, David, Balsam loop
Where: Ontario, Canada, 5 hours north of Niagara Falls, on north of Georgian Bay

Picture one: With the amazing quartzite outcroppings and mirror like water, it's no wonder the "Group of Seven" artists fought to preserve this place
Picture two: A portage runs along the creek with a waterfall from Bell to David lake.
Picture three: Although this is a very popular park, it had a tremendous feeling of remoteness. Loons were abundant, a beaver slid off a rock face almost into our canoe, and I thought we would see a moose in the weedy shallows...no luck this trip.
Scott

Attachments

• IMG_9765.jpg
    IMG_9765.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9752.jpg
    IMG_9752.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9763.jpg
    IMG_9763.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
My backyard

IMG_0921-1.jpg

The Allagash. Remains of old railroad tracks

IMG_0333.jpg

Lobster Lake

IMG_1504.jpg

Chesuncook Lake

DSCF0158.jpg

That's just Maine..there is much more.. Ontario, Florida, Georgia, Arkansas, Utah.

Wow, Great photos!!! Thanks for including the locations...that's what makes this fun for me! Still considering options for our first week of summer vacation trip. Maine and Yellowstone, WY have always been on my "wish list".
Keep the great pics coming!!!

Middle and Upper Saranac from Mt Ampersand. I spent a lot of time on the Saranac Lakes as a child

413032-R1-13-23.jpg

A calm morning on Rock Pond, Whitney Wilderness Area. This was May 16. The black flys were just terrible with no breeze.

P1010064.jpg

Hardigan Pond, Lila Traverse

P1010108.jpg

Salmon Lake Outlet, Lila Traverse. This comes after Hardigan and before Little Salmon Lake.

P1010111.jpg

Click on them to make them bigger

Great pictures Willis...makes me want to add the Lila Traverse to my list. The Oswegatchie is on my list for this summer...an up and back from Wanakena (NY in northern ADK's). That last photo makes me want to paddle right now!
Scott

Cedar Lakes, 5 mile carry, worth every calorie!

DSC_3115.JPG

Bog River Flow, on the way to Hitchins Pond

DSC_3746.JPG

Indian Pass Brook into Henderson Lake

DSC_5558.JPG

Long Pond, 0.3 mile carry

DSC_5825.JPG

All of the above taken within the blue line...AKA Adirondack Park

Mr Seeker,
Love those photos...that stone foundation at Low's complex was a horse stable...I have photos of it when it still looked like a stable, I'll look for them.

thanks.

there were several buildings there... when i attended the scout camp in the late 70s, some of them were still standing... didn't know one was a horse stable.

thanks.

there were several buildings there... when i attended the scout camp in the late 70s, some of them were still standing... didn't know one was a horse stable.

Seeker,

Here's how it looked when it was still recognizable as a stable...I thought I had photos of the inside, but I guess I don't. Sloped floors, individual stalls and a common drainage trough for you know what...I always wondered why anyone would want to sleep above all that stuff!! And in the background is part of Hitchin's Ridge, before there was a maintained and marked trail to it.

9-95_22.jpg

This looks like my type of place. I will have do some research for this before heading out there next year.

That view of Henderson is looking S, got lucky with the evening light. Everyone usually brags about the views to the N, and with good reason

DSC_5534.JPG

Little Tupper Lake, NY

Woodland Caribou Provincial Park, Ontario

LaVerendrye, Quebec

Maine- 3rd Machias Lake

Back