• Happy Sausage Pizza Day!🍕

Photo of the day

@RPATCH test paddling a wood strip prototype of a new Savage River 14' solo canoe, tentatively named the Shenandoah, on a Mullica River water prairie on October 6, 2026. This prototype had adjustable gunwale width so as to adjust the rocker. It also had a bottom-mounted bucket seat, which could be sat-upon or kneeled-off, slid fore and aft, and raised or lowered in the front or back to adjust the height and cant angle. Feedback was provided to the Savage River team by several paddlers (including yours truly) on different rivers and a lake this week in the New Jersey Pine Barrens.

1791602341973.png
 
Misty Lake in Algonquin Provincial Park, where the Petawawa River flows into the west end of Misty. Taken on 9/28/26 during that 'golden hour' of special ambient light just before dark. The leaves were at their peak colours and the weather was just about perfect. Highs in the low to mid 60's F and lows in the upper 40's to lower 50's F. The only rain we experienced was at the very end of the trip. IMG_0751.JPEG
 
Is that a profile of a bison on photo #2?

I was working a SAR incident a month ago in the Adirondacks. i have never seen so many and so many varieties of mushrooms as I was walking through then. Unfortunately, no time to stop to photo them while on the search. Wish I knew off hand which ones were edible, or not.
 
Is that a profile of a bison on photo #2?

I was working a SAR incident a month ago in the Adirondacks. i have never seen so many and so many varieties of mushrooms as I was walking through then. Unfortunately, no time to stop to photo them while on the search. Wish I knew off hand which ones were edible, or not.
The mushroom in the second picture is an "Admirable Bolete".
Aureoboletus mirabilis - Wikipedia https://share.google/VEa3XpJy2pVwZnDtr
 
Back
Top Bottom