• Happy National Garlic Day! 🧄🚫🧛🏼‍♂️

Pearl

As promised I weighed Pearl.

I borrowed a Doctors type scale (Balance beam)

And Pearl weighed out at a shade under 50#.

Heavier than I thought, but that's what the scale said ! Thanks for following along on this build !

Jim

Jim I go by HighPlainsDrifter on both the BWCA.com site and the Bear Mountain Boat site. Here, I go by Joe Pikul (I finally was able to register). You have responded to a couple of my posts on those sites and I appreciate your helpful comments. Your Pearl thread is great, maybe you should call it stemless canoe construction 101. You have shared some excellent "how-ya-do-it" pictures. Thank you. My current build is my first attempt at stemless construction and these pictures take the mystery out of the technique.

Last edited:
Jim I go by HighPlainsDrifter on both the BWCA.com site and the Bear Mountain Boat site. Here, I go by Joe Pikul (I finally was able to register). You have responded to a couple of my posts on those sites and I appreciate your helpful comments. Your Pearl thread is great, maybe you should call it stemless canoe construction 101. You have shared some excellent "how-ya-do-it" pictures. Thank you. My current build is my first attempt at stemless construction and these pictures take the mystery out of the technique.
Thank you ! Yes I well remember throwing my advise at you ! Ha !
I'm sure you will like the Stemless technic Joe !
It's a lot easier.
I learned it from the Minnesota builders, of the MCA.

Maybe some day we can meet up ! It's always a blast to talk canoes and building !

Back