• Happy National Garlic Day! 🧄🚫🧛🏼‍♂️

New Spring Clamps for Stripping !!!

Spring Clamps in use.

Cruiser named them "Jimmie Clamps"

They are so easy to use. One hand.

In this pic they are being used for a Stapleless build. I even use them when I staple strips, as they hold the strip in place, allowing me to use both hands stapling.

Zip tying a piece of 1/4" plastic tubing, works great to protect the coves on the strips.

IMG_2324_zpsf2a197zw.jpg

Last edited:
I used these on my last build and they will be a "go to" item for me in the shop from now on. I bought about 36 on sale.

The nice thing is that the mod is reversible, so when you are doing a build, make up the "Jimmie Clamps" and they are very useful. When you finish, reverse the mod and you have several dozen clamps for routine shop use ... I have always had a couple of spring clamps around, but having dozens of the larger ones really comes in handy and I use them generally a lot more, as they are sitting right there.

Brian

I made up 36 of these before starting my current, 1st build. They work really well! It's been unusually hot here this summer and the Jimmie Clamps have made it easy to quickly place full length strips before the glue tacks off. It's not often that a specialty tool is so inexpensive, an added bonus.

I was happy to share these and how easy they were to make and use !

Good Luck on your build !

I only wish I'd have thought of these 30 yrs ago !

Jim

Very nice, Jim. This reminds me that I need to snag a couple tubes from the garage and make up a set of 2 inchers for my spring build. Good winter project.
You will like them, where you use staples or not. To me ? They take the place of another set of hands, when laying up the strips !
I bought new tubes. They were the smallest diameter I could find at Walmart.
Be sure to leave the plastic tips on the clamps. When you stretch the tubes over the ends !

I hope to build this Spring. Can't hardly wait ! I picked up a bunch of Kevlar, pretty cheap.

Jim

Those were a huge help with keeping my strips in place and in line, even with stapling. Sometimes things have behavioral problems. Thanks Jim.

Attachments

• IMG_20200410_083930723~2.jpg
    IMG_20200410_083930723~2.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 5
Just another pic.
These are so handy and easy to use !

IMG_3714(1).JPG

IMG_3754.JPG

Back