• Happy National Audubon Day! 🐣🐦🦅🕊️

New Administrator

A large debt of thanks to Robin for bringing/guiding this site to its current level of quality and another one to DougD for agreeing to keep it all going. I feel very fortunate that the site will still be a feature of my morning schedule! Dilly, Dilly!

Until next time....be well.

snapper

I haven't been here that long, but you don't need to be to recognize what a great site and group that has been nurtured here. Thank you for all your efforts Robin, and good luck in your new role Doug ....

Brian

Robin, those of us who enjoy the wealth of information and community here on Canoe Tripping will be forever in your debt for stepping up to take the reins when all looked lost.

I have said this before, but I believe Canoe Tripping is the best site around in the paddlesport arena, at least where my interests lay. Thanks to everyone here who takes the time, effort and thought to share their experiences and opinions.

Thanks too for keeping the site focused on canoes and tripping. There are plenty of places to go for advice about the best 10 foot rec boat from Dicks, local whitewater conditions or sea kayaking skills.

Doug, thanks to you as well. I concur completely with Robins assessment of your skills and knowledge now brought to bear.

I shall celebrate tonight by opening a new can of Spam, cutting it up with both the Ripster and the Plaid Prancer, and frying it over an open fire, while drinking 14 or more Bud lites. Thanks for not banning me. Please pass my get out of jail for free card to Doug, or i will post nude pics of my male stripper days.

I shall celebrate tonight by opening a new can of Spam, cutting it up with both the Ripster and the Plaid Prancer, and frying it over an open fire, while drinking 14 or more Bud lites. Thanks for not banning me. Please pass my get out of jail for free card to Doug, or i will post nude pics of my male stripper days.

For the sake of humanity give him the card!
(I've seen him dance, and it ain't pretty. But it might've just been the hot peppers.)

Last edited:

I was about to post that I echo everything that had already been written but now I'm not so sure. That put me right off my tea.

I must apologize for my inappropriate outburst. That's not me, just a moment I wish I could take back. I am sorry to my friends for sure.

It's been a great ride and I feel blessed that Doug stepped up. Some folks have great timing and we will all owe Doug a big Thank You down the road

Canoetripping is a special place because of it's members, lots of folks make a special effort to post interesting thoughts on a daily basis. Some days the site would get slow and I thought the worst...then there would be 5 new posts the next morning, one more interesting than the next. It would really make my day. I am really happy the way things turned out, and I know the future is bright for Canoetripping

It's been a good ride and I thank you all. Unfortunately, the coffers are running low. I'm leaving Doug with 3 months hosting (@$80 per month) and a few bucks left over. A new fund raiser will be announced shortly, really easy to send a few bucks via PayPal or via mail. Please support the site, I know I will this go around.

Thanks Again, Your Friend and Paddling Partner,
Robin

Just chiming in and welcome to Doug. As I said to Robin if I can help I will. Robin, apology accepted. We all have bad days and I know I'm often stressed to the max and this forum is my favorite and I would feel a real sense of loss if it ended. Mem, we've never met but if you get banned it would be a loss and the humor you bring would be missed. Your posts alway cheer me up. I sure hope I get out on the water next summer.
Jim

Robin, you stepped up to the plate when this site was about to fold, worked your butt off getting it going again and turned it into the best canoe and canoe tripping site around. Many++ thanks good buddy. You're leaving this site in great shape after a lot of work that you should be really proud of.

Big thanks to Doug for jumping in so quickly. Anything we can do to help out including the costs, just ask.
Cheers Ted

This is good news. Thanks for all you've done Robin and thank you, Doug, for picking up the torch and keeping this place going.

i would like to add my thanks to Robin for painting this site and congratulations for Doug for taking up the baton. its a great site filled with great people

I'm happy for you Robin, this change should give you more personal time and less head aches / worries. Thanks for all you have done. Doug Thanks for stepping up and taking this weight off of Robin's shoulders.

Mem, we had allot of fun in that Ripster thread. I hope the Ripster has met your standards for a sheath knife.

Robin, your trip reports were a motivation for me to visit La Verendrye and WCPP. Thank you for your work and dedication.

Thanks for reviving the forum. Willis had a good start, but it really took off under your management. Thanks for making this such a comfortable place to visit and enjoy.

Geez, you gotta pay attention here. I was away for a few days, and sign on to discover we are under new management.

Robin was just taking over the site when I discovered it a few years ago. It's been a great site with a great community of users. Thank you, Robin, for all your effort. Good luck, Doug. Robin will be a tough act to follow, but you are a tough guy and I think you are up for it. Let me know if I can help.

Robin,
I hope to meet up with you sometime, maybe next year at Lows or LTL. (I also had plans with Willis:()
You've done a fine job of attracting a solid, experienced bunch of fun guys and gals.
When does Doug take over, or is this a done deal?

Thanks, Robin. Thanks, Doug. I can only reiterate the previous sentiments expressed.

A quick update for everyone and I hope you don't mind Robin that I post this. I am waiting for an Admin account to be created for me. Right now I'm using Robin's account try to familiarize myself with how the behind the scenes things work so I can start addressing things ie: private messages to me. I am working on it but during this transition I am leaning on Robin for guidance. It is all new to me and the learning curve is starting. I only logged as an Admin, to the wrong place of course, last week after Robin and I spoke so please bear with us/ME during this time. It's like anything new, ya gotta learn how it works before you get comfortable with it! Thanks all!

dougd

Back