• Happy National Bugs Bunny Day (1938)!❓⬆️👨🏼‍⚕️

Lots of canoes for sale

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone will be interested....but....got five new Nova Craft prospectors in today, so I am going to have a bidding process on the old canoes. We have several aluminium canoes, minimum bid 200 bucks (Canadian). There is an interesting royalex Old town in mint condition, a white water thing, a few cedar canvas hulls, and I'm going to put three of our cedar strips up on the bock. A John Winters Kipawa, a J. Winters Dumoine and a Chestnut Pal copy. Minimum bid on the cedar strips will be $500.00. I'll post pics later this week when I get them all numbered and put on display.

$500 CDN is like, what, $80 USD?

Looking forward to the pictures. Hope you have lots of interest.

Alan

Mint I tell ya, mint!!!! Once owned by the most interesting man in the world. Featured in a Bud Light commercial. Used to run rapids upstream. A bargain at $50 down, and $50 a week for 50 years. Canadian dollars, or yes Alan, $80 US, all in.

Seriously....how long have you been waiting to spring this on me....did Karin put you up to it? Jesus man, I am on the wagon here. I'm getting the vapours just thinking about it. It's only one. One more. I can stop any time, honest.

Headed to Algonquin this summer, I might have to take my trailer and bring some home.

Ok, so this is how the sale will proceed-
[FONT=&quot]This will be a sealed bid process. Come to the high school compound Wednesday April 19 between 6:00[/FONT][FONT=&quot] PM and 7:00 PM to view canoes. Minimum bid for most aluminium canoes will be $200.00. There are three used but in good condition cedar strip canoes that the club built. Minimum starting bid for them will be $500.00. Bids can be decided that night, and if people pay on the spot, winning bidders can take the canoes away. Canoes are sold as is where is, with no guarantees or warranties. All money generated will go back into the funds for the Outers Club. If you have questions, contact Rob Haslam through facebook, or at the school.[/FONT]

In the unlikely event that any of you want to bid, you could send me a PM.

This is the J. Winters design, the Dumoine. Built with a lot of white pine for strips, this canoe is rugged and very seaworthy. It is a very large volume canoe, and will handle big lake waves and white water very well.

This is the Chestnut Pal, a great solo canoe for large people, or a good tripping canoe for two light weights. It has seen several multi day trips, but is still in great shape (although a little dusty)

This is another Winters' design, the Kipawa. I would say this is a good touring canoe for two medium to small people with a load for a week or two. It is fast and easy to paddle.

This is the Kip and the Pal side by each

Here's the rest of the mess, a veritable treasure trove for a Yankee Trader like Robin!

Just to wrap this one up, had the auction tonight, cedar strips went for a lot more than I had anticipated, made a ton of money for the club. Only two old cedar canvas tremblays left that are fit for bookshelves. Even sold that minty tremblay (very cheap). Gonna be double rations of bacon this spring trip!

Back