• Happy 1st Showing of a Color Photograph (1861)! 📷🎥🏳️‍🌈

Knife build / canoetripping.net fund raiser thread.

Knife maker.png I
Pretty sure Rippy would be one of the few and most likely at the top of the list!!!

Last edited:
I just want to say good luck to everyone, and thank you to Rippy and Robin. And an odd thank you to the hackers, without them this wonderful thread would never have happened. Don't know if all that happened here would/could ever be repeated and it was the thread I looked forward to the most on all the forums I follow.
Ok, did I win?
Jim

Boatman, did you just pledge your support to the mujahideen by thanking the hackers? I'd say treason tops the list for barring someone Ripster ownership.

Edit: I better change my profile pic before anyone starts accusing.

Last edited:
It's been fun having you all hang out with me in the work shop while I work on the Ripster. I though about you guys while working on the knife. It was fun for me, trying to show the steps with photos. The party is not quite over (still a sheath to make) so don't put your coats on just yet.

My pay off has been your interaction in the thread, and I have been well paid.

Thank you all for your participation. It gave me something to look forward to during the gloomy short of light days. I bought a Chrome Book to take back and forth to work so I could see what you guys were up to during the day. I hope it has been good for you as well. Dave

Mem's sheath on my sewing machine.

12523085_1149778288390023_302780535822249200_n.jpg

A little closer.
12439311_1149778365056682_1357202247192722349_n.jpg

Wow, solid! Ha ha Robin, I'm sure that sheath will age more gracefully than me, for instance, it probably won't fart when it coughs. Very nice work Dave!

Yeah that's not your Momma's Singer Sewing Machine for sure !

That is some serious leather !
Elephant hide ? Or maybe Whale skin ?

You are really making the hurt of losing that drawing, sink in ! HA !

Great work !

Jim

I feel for you Jim, it almost saddens me. I'm planning a tour of the US within the next year or two, to stop in and see all my 'merican friends, and let you play with the Ripster.

Yeah that's not your Momma's Singer Sewing Machine for sure !

That is some serious leather !
Elephant hide ? Or maybe Whale skin ?

You are really making the hurt of losing that drawing, sink in ! HA !

Great work !

Jim

The sheath is not really that big. My hands shrunk when I quit eating Spam. They are now smaller than normal.

I feel for you Jim, it almost saddens me. I'm planning a tour of the US within the next year or two, to stop in and see all my 'merican friends, and let you play with the Ripster.

I'll be holding you to it !!

I hope you like it. I can't take a picture to do it justice. Maybe you can give it a try when you get it. I may not get it sent till the weekend now as our small town Post Office has stupid hours for working people. I guess it probably works great for them, they have a quiet day. I'll let you know when it is shipped. Dave

Back