• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Homemade wall tent inspired by Robin

I appreciate the reply. On two homemade shelters I had been using "Kover Klamps"* and "Framemaker Clamps" which work w wood or metal tubing but they have the disadvantage of being not quite right for my needs (heavy along w the very heavy metal tubing I sourced locally) and almost impossible to keep and replicate the angle needed for set ups.

With my old system - A quick set up or one needing to be done when tired, wet, rainy, cold or ??? almost impossible! Impatience is the result.

With a scribe mark and a dash of bright paint you could easily indicate fairly closely your intended angles to reduce 'tuning' as the shelter goes up.

I have a short side wall second hand BSA tent that I want to use or sell and that is the next little project...I think the clamps you used have real advantages over what I had been noodling around with. Hopefully the angle of the clamps will allow an A-frame set up.

*generally used in the boating community to set up the plastic shelters over boats on the hard for the off season.

Back