• Happy National Telephone Day! 🔔☎️📱📶

Chuck Box / Wannagan Design Help, Please....

Whoops. First time ever posting a photo! I built 2 trip boxes and a kitchen box from plans in Gilpatrick's book "Building Outdoor Gear". I've added 2 cinch straps to the kitchen box {center} since the photo was taken. There are shoulder straps not visible on the bottom between the skids. I used 1/4 inch baltic birch plywood with fiberglass cloth/epoxy on the exterior and epoxy sealer on the interior. The shoe box top telescopes to accommodate varying loads.

Those Gilpatrick boxes and his instructions for making a cooler were the inspiration for my NYETI cooler build!

Thanks for posting the picture. Actually, after seeing alsg's post that referred to Gil Gilpatrick's build book I ordered a copy. I have a book or two of his now and always like to see different ideas.

Robin, can you post a picture of the interior of those boxes or a link if you have a build thread?

Thanks and best regards to all,

Lance

Robin, can you post a picture of the interior of those boxes or a link if you have a build thread?

Lance

Hi Lance, Here's a video of my wanigan build.https://youtu.be/itlqp0btbpQ In the comments section of this video a gentleman said I didn't need the screws if I used glue. Not having a lot of clamps, I used screws to hold the box together while the glue dried.
My original box is lightweight and has held up for years.

DSC01398_zpsdij22jsd.jpg

Attachments

• DSC02655_zpsc6c83c52.jpg
    DSC02655_zpsc6c83c52.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 1
Back