• Happy Sea Serpent Day!

Wabakimi 15 day solo trip video

Reaction score
Nice video. I left a message over on your channel but will ask here as well. Wondering about vehicle safety. Did you leave your vehicle at the put in or use an outfitter to shuttle?

Reaction score
I recognize that rock at 3;59. It can be run but at a cost.. minus a thwart and bent gunwales! ( missed the port!) Thanks for the memories.. Did that trip back around 2009

I see you passed up Bussey Island for the same reason I did. Used by the lodges. When I snooped it was littered with fish guts. Left it to the bears and moved on.

Reaction score
Excellent Mark !

Canoe looked great !

Thanks for the share ! Looking forward to the rest !

Rivers are open here. I need to get out again !

Jim

Reaction score
Terrific video. Its a bucket list place for me since I learned of it 15 or so years ago. Looking forward to Part 2!

Reaction score
Nice video db, I just got my FOW Canoe Routes Booklet and Planning Map today. We're looking at a trip out there in 2023.

Reaction score
If that is not the pinnacle of canoetripping, I don't know what is. Sweet. What time of year?

Reaction score
I recognize that rock at 3;59. It can be run but at a cost.. minus a thwart and bent gunwales! ( missed the port!) Thanks for the memories.. Did that trip back around 2009

I see you passed up Bussey Island for the same reason I did. Used by the lodges. When I snooped it was littered with fish guts. Left it to the bears and moved on.

The water levels seemed low when I was there. Being in a wood boat and that far from home meant that I wasn't running anything that looked even slightly questionable.

Mark

Reaction score
Thank you for the video; that looks like a great trip and certainly a nice looking canoe! I will look forward to the future installments.

Thanks, Pat

Reaction score
The water levels seemed low when I was there. Being in a wood boat and that far from home meant that I wasn't running anything that looked even slightly questionable.

Mark

Oh the water on my trip was high and the current swift and I missed the portage entrance as the navigating bow paddler. There are several ports in fairly quick sequence. We exited after banging into a large pointy rock buried in the haystacks with all gear intact eddying in the pool below. Were I faster at reading/communicating that mistake would not have been made!

Lonebreast Bay is very pretty. I caught a pike on a belt buckle that was over the side from a unraveled painter line. Gave me a jolt and scare!