• Happy Incorporation of Hudson's Bay Co. (1670) 🍁🦫🪓

The Raffle Is Done

Reaction score
Hello All, I finally got off my sorry arse and got the raffle done. The video is to large to post here so will have to go through a link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFUIOwiPWPU

I'm not much of a public speaker so this was the best I could do. I will be contacting winners and folks who offered to send out prizes.

Thank you to all who offered all of these items for the raffle. Another thank you to all who helped with donations to keep us up and going for another year. It is a real honor to be part of this community that offers so much. Every single one of you has made this site what it is and your contributions whether it be a donation or a trip report or a build thread is truly what makes us and this website what it is. I will be posting the results later today or tomorrow.

Thanks again all!

dougd

Hello All, I finally got off my sorry arse and got the raffle done.

I'm not much of a public speaker so this was the best I could do. I will be contacting winners and folks who offered to send out prizes.

Nice chair and Ridgerest pad. Now we know where you spend all your time in the shop, parked in front of the heater on your arse. Love the repurposed spice rack, and really appreciate the wall mounted fire extinguisher. I’ve had to grab mine once, and have a flaming bungee cord tale to share from today’s work. Slaps forehead.

OK, truth be told, you spent the last few days getting your shop that clean and organized didn’t you?

Kudos to the camerawoman, one take with no cue cards. I’ll send you a ruler so you can keep track of where you are on a list. And another canoe console, so you have an empty one to use in the boat.

Seriously, well done, and wonderful to see the generosity of the Canoe Tripping community.

Red Langford, please send me a PM on the board. I’m excited to send a UL double-holer console, and some seat or kneeling thwart drops or etc from shop stock, and will throw in some mystery bits, High Intensity reflective tape and small hardware I find useful.

AT Pringles, let’s talk custom sized dry bag size and shape. I have a half dozen DIY heat sealable dry bag templates, and making a new template to size isn’t hard.

Doug, is that canvas capote by chance an XXL?

Good job, ladies and gentlemen! I can testify to the beauty and usefulness of Mike's drink holders! Just don't try to light the strange cord he puts in there. It's not a fuse.

Mike.I have no idea what size it is. Mem, I almost broke out a Bud Light for the shoot but thought you might get jealous! ;-)

Last edited:
I am on the wagon right now, but I'm not the kind of guy who would ever begrudge a fella a brew. As long as it's not one of Mike's hippy beers, lol. If you do this next year I will donate something real good, and send it in a special box .

Here's what I have done about contacting winners of the raffle. At the top of the site is a Search field. Type in the name of the winner which should bring you to a post by them or their name is included. Click on the name and it should bring you to an option to send a Private Message. I am hesitant to post personal emails but if you get stuck please contact me and I should be able to help you out.

dougd

Thanks Doug I’ve reached out to the winner of the knife and to sweetfancymoses with my address. Thanks for keeping the site going.
Jim

im
lost
in the mangroves
poor internet
but great canoeing
Im oblivious to everything
you could post naked Chippendales and i wont see jitA

Reactions: Zac
I'm adding this to make things easier for folks who are mailing and the recipients.

Contributor: Erica Winner: Ralph Damerow Dried Pineapples

Contributor: Anonymous: Winner: AKBrad: Book

Contributor: Boatman53: Winner: Holmes375 Knife

Contributor: dougd Winner: Dogbrain T-Shirt

Contributor: BWCA66 Winner: Magicpaddler Hat, straps and tie downs

Contributor: SweetfancyMoses: Winner: Boatman52 Yoke Pads

Contributor:Bothwell Voyager: Winner: Coloradomike Nomad Twig Stove

Contributor: Mike McCrea: Winner: Red Langford Duel Can Holder
Winner: ATPringles Custom Made Dry Bag

Contributor: Dan Cooke Winner: Waterspyder Tundra Tarp

If anyone has problems finding folks please let me know as I should be able to find them! Thanks again!

Last edited:
Thanks Doug !

I appreciate your work, and Friendship !

Even though I didn't win a prize, I Feel like a Winner !

Jim

Congrats on all the winner(I'm not one of them so I guess it makes me a looser lol) and also thank you to all the prize suppliers!!
And DougD, thank you to you cause w/o you this would have not happened!

We are all winners

YC, check your private messages. I have a box of newly made UL canoe consoles and will be going to the Post Office sometime this week. Shipping a chunk of core drilled (with pencil slot) minicel to Raymond ME would be cheap and easy.

My favorite part of the raffle is happening now.

As anticipated, I’ve had enjoyable PM and e-mail exchanges with Red Langford and AT Pringles; nice to put a real name with a poster and get a feel for where they live and what they do.

I couldn’t have hoped for two friendlier folk to send trinkets to, and I boxed their stuff up for shipment today.

So much fun I’m already thinking about what to make for next year’s raffle. Maybe a couple of those vee shaped tarp-hanger wind pennants, made from heat sealable scraps with a grommet and gator clip.

P9131222 by Mike McCrea, on Flickr

Still have two boxes of seat drops and kneeling thwart drops already cut, routed and (mostly) sanded, more than I’ll ever use (that’s just one boxful).

P1190012 by Mike McCrea, on Flickr

I have some other ideas for prizes, and near a year to work on it.

Doug, thanks again for putting this together; it may be as much fun for the prize donators as for the prize winners.

I've PM'd the only Ralph in the membership list. Hope it's the right Ralph. :)

Back