• Happy National Bean Counter Day! 🫘🔢🧮

Tent ID

Reaction score
Can anyone help me identify the tent in this photo of two-and-a-half year old me “camping” in my Grandparents’ back yard in 1966? I remember the day and the tent smelled old and musty even then. My Grandfather was a scout master in the 50s so this could date to that time period. (Those are “ghosts” made up of toilet paper hanging from the tent. Don’t ask me why).

Attachments

• photo16702.jpg
    photo16702.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 1
When I was a kid my family had a similar tent made by a company called "Morsan." The shop was on Long Island (Farmingdale, NY if my memory serves me correctly) and most of our early camping gear came from either there, Coleman or Sears; my Dad was a big fan of the Ted Williams series of sleeping bags.

That's all for now. Take care and until next time....be well.

snapper

We had something similar pitched in the side yard when I was a kid. Although I remember it was a big tent. Weren't most things real big in those days? Ice cream cones. Hot dogs. Summer holidays. Cars. Anyway, sorry I can't help you with the ID. Ours eventually got caught in a summer storm and the tubular frame was bent out of shape. So was my Dad when he saw it. Our tent was probably a Woods.
Good luck with the tent detective work. Looks like good times in your Granddad's backyard in the 60's.

Back