• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Show me your canoe truck

I am so in on this one!

IMG_0614_zpsf0dd01a6.jpg

Pic was the third day out with my new Nissan Xterra Pro 4x, now with 33 MT Baha Claw's

Edit to add a 4x4 link- http://www.expeditionportal.com/for...-2014-Xterra-Owner-Icedragonmx-s-trip-reports

Last edited:
Here is what I use....
IMGP3074_2.jpg IMGP3505.jpg

IMGP2009.jpg IMGP2010.jpg IMGP2011.jpg IMGP2013.jpg

Attachments

• image_1610.jpg
    image_1610.jpg
    241 KB · Views: 4
  • image_1611.jpg
    image_1611.jpg
    343.6 KB · Views: 3
  • image_1612.jpg
    image_1612.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 3
  • image_1613.jpg
    image_1613.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 2
  • image_1614.jpg
    image_1614.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 2
  • image_1615.jpg
    image_1615.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Well I know this shot is bunko, I was trying to get the canoe more than the truck. 2013 GM sierra, 4x4, I really love this truck, even though I had to sell my old car to get decent tires for it.

Hanz, there's something wrong with that Raven, I can't quite figure it out...o wait, I got it, there isn't even a scratch on it!:p

WAS??? I would love to get a "newer" like 07 or earlier... Mine is getting a bit old, it is a 98 Cummings 12 valves! I love that truck but one with half the KM on it would be great...

Here's my Element, a great camping vehicle.

DSC_1130.JPG

And here's my LJ, for when the going gets tough (RK 5.5" suspesion lift, control arms, LSD rear and locked front, 33's)

DSC_6936.JPG

And lastly, here's my '77 CJ5...not good at all for carrying boats, but it is nearly unstoppable in the woods!!

DSC_0865.JPG

For those of you that are into it, the CJ5 has automatic lockers front and rear, a SOA Wrangler leaf lift, hi steer custom drag link and tie rod (1 1/2 dia AISI4340 tube), fully welded trusses for the D30 and M20, Moser one piece rear axles, Superior front axles, Bilstein shocks, 35" tires, 4.56 gears, D300 xfer case, T5 trans, fully rebuilt 4.2 straight six with a Comp cam, Clifford intake, Weber 38 DGES, Hedman hedders, Flomaster exhaust. Over 12 inches suspension travel at both ends, actually a very supple ride. Fiberglass body tub, fenders and hood, total weight = 2,000 lbs! All fabrication and work done by yours truly.

I love your Taco Hanz. I have a 2007 and wish that I had put in a lift kit years ago. Nice to see your still going strong after 10 years.

Here's my current Tacoma, 2013

My Blazer at Cedar River flow in the NY
CEDAR%2BRIVER%2BFLOW.JPG

Not a canoe hauler, but my other hobby, 1972 Chevy 3/4 ton with a brand new factory motor, frame off restoration, my own work, not done yet, but I love "hearing those 35's whining on the asphalt" (it's an old trucker thing)

DSC01578.jpg

Current ride, 2013 Tacoma

Previous mid-80’s Toyota, plain vanilla Hi-lux long bed. Vinyl bench seat, manual everything. Winch, 5-gallon Gerry can and Duckhead hood ornament extra.

Essentially the same “bedroom” set up as my current Toyota; fully, screen and curtained, 5 gallon water carboy, reading lights, side storage shelving and foam mattress.

I think I have truck envy (LOL)!!! I still get to the water in a 2006 Toyota Tacoma with an access cab. It's a 5 speed, 2 WD and stock frame (which is going to be replaced within the next month or two by Toyota) with a cap on the back. A great truck but alas...no photos; sorry.

That's all for now. Take care and until next time...Be well.

snapper

It warms my heart to see vehicles with 4 canoes on the roof. I drive a F-350 Ford diesel pick em up and a trailer. For a long haul to Arizona we borrowed a 6 place commercial trailer, which made it really easy. My truck handled 6 people and 2 dogs at the take out with 4 canoes in the rack and a weeks supply of gear.

After some modifications to the engine, I have gotten 24 mpg empty and around 19 hauling the whole crew.,

It warms my heart to see vehicles with 4 canoes on the roof.

The van racks are set up with four Quick & Easy crossbars to accommodate four open canoes, all gunwales down on the crossbars in gunwale blocks, taper nestled with two forward and two back, so that each canoe is resting on two crossbars and the weight is distributed along the length of the roofline.

I will be adding a third crossbar to the front of the Tacoma cab doors for those occasions when I need to shuttle a third canoe, nestled one forward and two back.

No Title

Here's my old Toyota Truck, lol and my current ride.

Attachments

• photo1616.gif
    photo1616.gif
    277.5 KB · Views: 0
  • photo1617.jpg
    photo1617.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 0
Yet another Taco . . .
4643810128_779bdd5dca.jpg

2010 2dr 2wd, Leer Cap w/ Thule racks & tracks

Here are a few of my set ups.
May 2006
Vt0zRoU.jpg

This was the Clipper I bought used and made exactly one trip with it. I broke my arm the week after coming back from this trip and then it got stolen from my backyard. It was also my fathers Dakota I took on after his death. The rack was a Yakima rack modified to fit two canoes.

May 2007
z81oMGS.jpg

Brand new truck and brand new canoe. The truck was only a few weeks old at the time. The bar at the back was not a great set up but the Yakima racks did not fit the Tacoma

May 2008
OTFHlrM.jpg

I moved north and up until this point it was a nice spring. It started snowing that morning and this was by about lunch. Ended up with about 40 or 50cm and any hopes of making it out for a trip was dashed

March 2013
0Wpye1o.jpg

This was atop the "hillbilly" box I made for the truck. It was crude looking and heavy as heck. Wish I had more pictures of it. This is aloe the MR Explorer up there for a crazy fun paddle on an open spot on the river while everything else was frozen solid. We were thing of dragging the canoe to open spot with a snow machine just to say we did

Back