• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Reusable Zip Ties

Reaction score
These are reusable zip ties which I used on my most recent trip on the Peace River. I found them quite useful, functioning pretty much like zip ties, except you can use them over and over again.

They consist of a single thread of plastic (?) with a toggle to cinch tight and hold. There is also a bit at the end so you can't slip the toggle off accidentally when using it.

I used them to secure paddles/ hiking staff.

I also used them on the waterproof (I hope) plastic bags one would usually use a twist tie for. Works way better than twist ties.

The one limitation on them is that they don't fully open. You have to be able to put the loop over whatever you want to tie.

The one real con for this one is they only come in black. Keeping track of a small black item, should one drop it, would be difficult. I wish they made them in\

fluorescenct colors.ZipTiesResuable.jpg

I found them at: garagegrowngear.com.

These are reusable zip ties which I used on my most recent trip on the Peace River. I found them quite useful, functioning pretty much like zip ties, except you can use them over and over again.

They consist of a single thread of plastic (?) with a toggle to cinch tight and hold. There is also a bit at the end so you can't slip the toggle off accidentally when using it.

I used them to secure paddles/ hiking staff.

I also used them on the waterproof (I hope) plastic bags one would usually use a twist tie for. Works way better than twist ties.

The one limitation on them is that they don't fully open. You have to be able to put the loop over whatever you want to tie.

The one real con for this one is they only come in black. Keeping track of a small black item, should one drop it, would be difficult. I wish they made them in\

fluorescent colors.

I found them at: garagegrowngear.com.
@Erica

I use these, and they come in many colors...they appear to be almost the same thing as you have, but brighter.

Scott

Similar type of use, different style.......works well for seat pads, bundling paddles etc.

1648067239121.png

I've used the velcro often and like them. But the ones Scott posted about I may have to give a try. At one time I had some that was similar but was a thick rubber and would weather quick and break.

I'm using gear ties, if you look on Amazon you will find them. 12 or 18 inch work good for securing paddles. They are like big rubberized twist ties, best new gadget I've found in years.

I've used the velcro often and like them. But the ones Scott posted about I may have to give a try. At one time I had some that was similar but was a thick rubber and would weather quick and break.
The Dealee Bob's have been great, and are really easy to use. And since they're bright enough, you don't leave them behind!

I used to bike to work on nice days. I still have a number of Velcro pants leg bands. Don’t need them for work since I retired 15 years ago but use them to band paddles together for portaging, etc. For longer term use l cut bands from old bike inner tubes. They don’t stretch easily but last a long time and are great for storing paddles in bundles so they don’t fall over.

I use the velcro ones to attach my day pack to my front thwart. You can also use two of them to secure a spare paddle. A couple of mine are at least 15 years old so I'd say that's pretty impressive reusability!

Attachments

• 20220412_130755.jpg
    20220412_130755.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 20220412_131601.jpg
    20220412_131601.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 6
Back