• Happy Birthday, Gary Cooper (1901-61)! 📽️☝🏻🕛

Photo of the day

Another blue-sky day in the Algonquin area, Bark lake, drop everything else to go paddling... cruising the shoreline while the setting sun boosts fall color in the oaks and poplars.

22524205235_0a5fe379db_b.jpg

This was Algonquin Park 2012 on the Amable du Fond river , the guys brought new walking canoes... you fill them up and walk beside them ... not sure they will catch on.

Actually this was the low side of a beaver dam and we had to walk the canoes quite a ways ....

I saw a Lynx around Gogama, Ontario. It was sitting behind a beaver lodge and at first, I thought it was a gray stump but it turned and slowly disappeared into the bush. Your second image is really nice also Thanks for posting them.

I saw a Lynx around Gogama, Ontario. It was sitting behind a beaver lodge and at first, I thought it was a gray stump but it turned and slowly disappeared into the bush. Your second image is really nice also Thanks for posting them.

Must have been a treat to watch! I am always happy to have a encounter like this on a trip. I was a very short distance from the shoreline when I first noticed the Lynx and then drifted back with the wind trying for some pictures. Cheers

Had the pleasure of watching a lynx run across the highway in front of us on the way to G'Town 3 years ago just outside of Upsala. Christy was asleep and by the time she focused it was gone. I had to compare your picture with my memory of what we saw in WCPP 5 years ago but surely we saw a cougar, not a lynx.

You were in the right place at the right time fore sure.

Had the pleasure of watching a lynx run across the highway in front of us on the way to G'Town 3 years ago just outside of Upsala. Christy was asleep and by the time she focused it was gone. I had to compare your picture with my memory of what we saw in WCPP 5 years ago but surely we saw a cougar, not a lynx.

You were in the right place at the right time fore sure.

That sounds awesome! A cougar is even more rare for me. I only have seen them west of Calgary. Its tough to get pictures when they run as soon as they see you. I had the same thing at the start of this trip with a bear on the road that went for the bush as soon as I came into view. Right place and time for sure with the Lynx!!!

IMG_4302_zpsanunuqn7.jpg

Back