• Happy May Ray Day! 🌞😎🌻🩳🇩

Photo of the day

On our trips we have taken to creating challenges for the group. This time it was to make a craft from a 6' x 8' tarp ... it was a lot of fun, and this was the result, parked with our standard craft. The idea was .... "what if something happened to your canoe ... could you make something to get you back out". It did float, could be paddled... but it needed another 2 feet in length to be viable.

Brian

Driving the sideroads near Algonquin, Greenview road in the Bancroft-Maynooth area. Magic hour with sunset coming on, should have been canoeing but this is a busy time of year.

35501053315_902e0e2a21_b.jpg

No Title

Last day of school yesterday in NYC. One of the girls in my 4 th grade class painted a picture and gave it to me yesterday as an end of the year present. As I unwrapped it I began to cry. Kids were stunned as I continued to cry. It was a tearful day yesterday. My toughest one in 22 years. Kids are innocent and honest. Life is good.

Attachments

• photo7274.jpg
    photo7274.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 0
  • photo7274.jpg
    photo7274.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 0
A really thoughtful work of art, and I'm sure she wanted to please you with the subject. That one would take pride of place at home.

Not my photo, from the Toronto Star... it seems Ontario's Premier Kathleen Wynne enjoys paddling and canoeing. Last year IIRC it was the Prime Minister Justin Trudeau showing up to paddle at the same place to demonstrate commitment to protecting natural areas.

The new Rouge River National Park is Canada's only urban NP and an experiment in natural area protection in one of the world's rapidly urbanizing areas. Scientists and managers are looking on with interest to see how the political initiatives translate into actual protection on the ground (protection of the park's ecological integrity is the first priority in park policy, at least on paper).

PS... from the photos it appears Premier Wynne kneels while paddling. Most likely none of that sit-and-switch nonsense.

photo-ci-rouge18.jpg.size.custom.crop.1086x757.jpg

ttps://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2017/06/18/annual-paddle-the-rouge-event-celebrates-new-law-free-bus-service.html

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toront...ands-1.4166475

Last edited:
Hanging out on the St Joseph river this afternoon about 5 miles upstream of Lake Michigan.

Attachments

• 20170726_145606.jpg
    20170726_145606.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 1
No Title

Setting up for a backyard wedding and barn dance. My canoe is just waiting for ice and wine.

Attachments

• photo7648.jpg
    photo7648.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 0
Couple of evenings ago came across this Blue Heron with a fish big enough to be hard to swallow

Attachments

• 20170806_133645.jpg
    20170806_133645.jpg
    283.1 KB · Views: 0
Back