• Happy May Ray Day! 🌞😎🌻🩳🇩

Photo of the day

No Title

Attachments

• photo6825.jpg
    photo6825.jpg
    327.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Toronto waterfront with some sunset light, still too cold for any boats. When the weather warms up, there will be a few paddlers here and more at the Toronto islands (that thin line on the horizon).

33819842163_cc8e215eb0_b.jpg

No Title

Congaree National Park a couple of weeks ago.

Attachments

• photo6846.jpg
    photo6846.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 0
OK, not a photo per se, but a video from my buddy's drone before it went rogue. This is St Regis Pond, near the fish barrier dam.
Hopefully, the link works!

video

Came across a bunch of photos taking back in the 70's. In this photo I'm preparing supper for my partner and I at the head of a rapids on the Opawica River in Northern Québec while on a 30 + day trip circa 1973. We were doing long hours on the water and in portages so we consumed a lot of food. In this photo we are using "the pot suspended from 3 paddles with a small chain method". A method popular at the time for cooking over open fires here in Québec.

85588043-SLD-001-0001.jpg

I had a cup of tea with a guy in Quetico Park back in the 70's that had hung his tea pail like that. I asked him if he ever burned his paddles, his answer was that he wasn't from the city, never made their type of bon-fires.
Great picture, you even have the Rappala hanging from the correct side, just like the Finlanders.

Back