• Happy Tear the Tags Off the Mattress Day! 🛏️✂️🏷️🚔🚨👮

Photo of the day

Thanks Mark, wish I could say it was mine. We had a lot of good photo's from that day much the same as posted. I lost all of mine in a house fire a few years ago. It was one heck of a day on a river that few run.

Larry Ricker Taking some morning shots in The BWCA .

IMG_0035_zpsx3q1bhuy.jpg

Jim

No Title

An early morning in September, Tom Thomson Lake, just before putting the canoe in the water.

Attachments

• photo5767.jpg
    photo5767.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 0
No Title

just another day on a small river in Indiana chasing smallmouth, watching eagles, and enjoying being retired.

Attachments

• photo5769.jpg
    photo5769.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 0
No Title

As far up as it get these days!!

Attachments

• photo5770.jpg
    photo5770.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 0
Crazy canoe skiing from 1941...

Jack%2BBoyle%2BCanoe%2BSkiing1.JPG

MARINETTE - WIS. "Dare Devil" Jack Boyle guides his snow-going canoe to a landing after making hair-raising slide down Marinette ski slide. Mr. Boyle doesn't recommend it as a winter sport for novices, but claims it's easy if you know how. 1-18-41

Crazy canoe skiing from 1941...

Jack%2BBoyle%2BCanoe%2BSkiing1.JPG

MARINETTE - WIS. "Dare Devil" Jack Boyle guides his snow-going canoe to a landing after making hair-raising slide down Marinette ski slide. Mr. Boyle doesn't recommend it as a winter sport for novices, but claims it's easy if you know how. 1-18-41

I like the Harness on that canoe !

Adding on to the "what summer is like" thread although this seems like the more appropriate place for it... canoeing in 30+C (over 90F) temps, the heat and humidity gets to be too much after a while cruising the shoreline so cooling off by taking a dip in the water becomes necessary from time to time. This young deer was doing the same thing as far as I could see... only a head and big ears swimming around in deeper water at first and then slowly walked out into a shady part of the forest. Probably too young to be scared of any humans watching.

14506995490_85dcfaa1e0_b.jpg

Last edited:
Yup... these shiny rocks were worth stopping at for a closer look. Weathering down over thousands of years usually gives outcrops a dull surface but for some reason these had a polished appearance. It's probably some kind of mixed metamorphic rock with the harder veins weathering down more slowly. In the Bancroft area, mineral capital of Canada, lots of geological diversity and mining done in the old days.

10485254573_e63dcebb7e_b.jpg

Back