• Happy Star Wars Day! 🌇🚶🏼‍,👑👊🏼🔙

Next years trips?

G

How many of you are already planning trips for next year? I am, including lake trips in my Colden Nomad.

Attachments

• photo7425.jpg
    photo7425.jpg
    295.3 KB · Views: 0
We are... at least a fall hunting trip is in the planning. A nice 10-12 day trip on a class II-III river...
There will be the annual WW Lapie river extravaganza and the Weathon river fest! I'm sure there'll be a family trip too!!

Absolutely! I want to camp in the Tetons, on Leigh Lake this year and I'm thinking about getting a shuttle across Lake Yellowstone. With the shuttle, you don't need to paddle in the exposed section of Yellowstone Lake. I like the idea of being able to putter about in the Thoroughfare without having to risk life and limb on the large lake. Also hoping to take little inflatables to some small mountain lakes next summer. November = dreamtime. OK, November through March = dreamtime.

My gang has finally signed on for my Rock Lake-Rock River-Cedar River-Chain Drain-Essex Chain Lakes through trip.
Also have an easy wilderness trip planned with the grandkids, and a first time wilderness trip with my SIL!
A few favorite day trips with MDB too.

Ice out at Lows or maybe someplace new up in the ADKs with my wall tent/wood stove.

3-4 days in Maine with my daughter/8 yo G'son, dad will stay home with the younger boy. Maybe 3rd Machias Lk, good bass fishing for the boy and not so prone to wind. I will take 2 wood canvas canoes and teach them how to cook bass over a fire with a cold handle pan.

I would like to take a road trip from Sudbury Ontario to western Ontario using back roads, then a canoe trip up on Marshall Lake and some smaller lakes in the area. Memaquay turned me onto Bing maps and I see some areas I need to explore. 10 days-12 days road trip/canoe trip

Maybe a Sept trip to LaVerendrye PQ again, that was really nice.

Wall tent canoe in deer camp last week of October in the ADK's.

Last edited:
BSA "Voyageur" high adventure trek leader training (my 25th year as staff instructor) on Lows again in June. Unfortunately probably not a 6th return to the Yukon this summer for the YRQ or the Y1K races. Several Adirondack leanto construction repairs, including a few of them along the 90-miler race route (8th lake in particular, after completing Raquette Lake last year) with the Lean2Rescue team. Plus beginning cabin construction on my new property on a private motorless lake, where I can train, play and fish without the annoyance from motorboats or jet skis on the usual lake where I train.

Then of course in September there's my 22nd running of the official Adirondack 90-miler race. Hopefully there will be time in June to do the unofficial Cannonball-90 miles all in a single day as well.

Last edited:
Two Algonquin trips to start, one at "ice out" in early May on the south west side, and our annual trip, likely to the North Tea area of the park in September.

I suspect we will do a few others, I figure an October trip would be nice to try ...

Brian

Well there are the kind of plans inked hard on the calendar, and the kind of plans pencilled faintly on my maps. I'm still planning in pencil right now. So far the only inked commitments have to do with a June wedding. Happily it's a family affair, so I'll show up respectfully attired, but will do my least to act the part. Ha. Good times.
How much free time we have this year is entirely in the realm of "who knows?" so we'll see which of any pencilled plans make it to the calendar.
I have 2 Temagami trips on paper involving exploring some day hiking trails and some leisurely paddling on pretty lakes.
The whole inexplicable Marshall experience is calling again. I'm listening. We'll see.
I want to paddle amongst the mountains again. I'd like to car camp and day paddle there this time. A trip out west will take much planning.
I'm gonna need a new packet of pencils this winter. And hopefully one indelible ballpoint pen.

I have two major trips that are on the bucket list.

1[SUP]st[/SUP] is a long road trip to Tuktoyaktuk (60hr drive one way) to paddle in the Arctic Ocean and paddle up to this wreck - 69.458533, -132.994209. Lots of lakes on the way out to stop and play at too and would like to paddle across the provincial border between BC and the Yukon Territories just south of Conrad and a slight detour into the Northwest Territories ( Fort Liard) on the drive back.

2[SUP]nd[/SUP] is in nice short 8km portage into the Lake of the Hanging Glaciers in BC from the Radium Hot Springs area. Just so I can get a picture paddling up to the glacier on the far side.

Reality will be more of the local stuff and I want to redo this trip - http://www.canoetripping.net/forums/...o-27-5-km-loop with an extra day or two to enjoy the sights and explore more. The Crane Lake, Split Lake, Twin Lake, Willard Lake, Felix Lake, Dawson Lake, Beaubien Lake, High lake, Low Lake and back on Crane Lake loop had so many more possibilities to add to the fun.

Nothing like dreaming big! :eek:

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to whatever paddling experiences Japan has to offer me. I haven't done a lot of research quite yet, but you can be sure that as soon as I get back from my Spring Patrol early this summer, I'll get the boys together and hit the water.

Tim River Loop, Algonquin -Group Trip
Upper Petawawa/Oxtongue River, Algonquin-solo

The rest will be solo if necessary, not waiting for partners

ADK Whitney Loop
Allagash Lake/Mud Pond Carry Loop
ADK 2nd attempt ST Regis/ Floodwood Loop
+ 1 more yet to be determined week trip

First up are 2 hard water trips, voyageurs national park in February and a March trip to the BWCA to chase lake trout.

Late June fishing trip to Pakwash. Boats with motors. After that who knows. I am trying to get involved with the Maskwa Project to see if some of the Scout troops want to open up the river for paddling. I cant do it all myself, I need some keen young types with strong backs.

Once the y stern is all kitted out I want to do more day trips with it locally. I really want to cruise the islands at the mouth of the Rice River at Lake Winnipeg.

As Karin can attest to, big plans are no problem for me. The reality part is starting to kick me to the curb these days though.

There is always the WCHA assembly in Peterborough this year too.

Christy

I am working on a 5-7 day trip on the Suwannee River (FL) in March and a trip to La Verendrye (Quebec) in August. Haven't decided what route yet. These will be solo trips. I had thought Verendrye was too far to drive, but google maps says it is 24 hours from my door to La Domaine, which is three good days. I have been training up my team (in my business) to be able to carry on without me for long enough for me to really get back out again.

If you're indispensable you ain't canoeing. Every new person we hirer I make sure to teach them all the jobs I do.

Last edited:
Want to get 3 short trips in with my 3 grand daughters age 18, 16 and 16. Take them each out one at a time without their cellphones ;) or other siblings for a few days each. Will go by the weather forecasts :cool: so that each one's first experience is enjoyable. Then, either in mid August or after our Labour Day weekend a 7 - 8 day outing in LV.

Back