• Happy International Museum Day!🏛️ 🖼️🏺

Next years trips?

Sweetfancymoses,

Where are you hoping to get to in the WCPP? That is by far my favorite place to paddle. I am hoping to do a 6-10 day solo with my dog Jake in the Quetico next spring if I can make it happen. That will be my first time there so it is exciting to plan for.

Bob.

I'm 2 hours from Algonquin so most of my trips next year will be there.

7 trips planned right now. Mixture of trips with the guys, solo and family trips.

Nipissing fishing trip, Big lake solo loop through the middle of the park and a Petawawa trip with my wife are for sure trips right now.

Sweetfancymoses,

Where are you hoping to get to in the WCPP? That is by far my favorite place to paddle. I am hoping to do a 6-10 day solo with my dog Jake in the Quetico next spring if I can make it happen. That will be my first time there so it is exciting to plan for.

Bob.

We were tossing around the idea of a float plane drop off in the NW part of the park and paddling back. If that doesn't work, a loop out of Leano Lake. We've taken many trips to Quetico. Time to see something else. You'll enjoy Quetico. It's great country.

Several ADK trips planned--revisiting favorites and some new places. The excellent performance of my Colden Nomad on lakes has opened up some big water trips which I previously avoided.

Sweetfancymoses,

The NW area of the park is one of my favorites, both the Gammon and of course the Bloodvein watersheds are excellent walleye waters. You can't go wrong with a Leano loop either, and that can put you on Walleye, excellent northern and Lake Trout water as well. It sure is beautiful country up there. I have not been there since a few fires ago ... but still miss it dearly.

I am getting excited to explore the Quetico. I have not really started the planning yet - not sure where to start, but I reckon as the winter sets in, a nice whiskey by the wood stove and few maps may help me to get started.

Enjoy your trips!

Bob.

I've been taking an annual trip to the Kenai National Wildlife Refuge for over 25 years. I plan on doing it again this year, it's usually only three days, but I need to check on my campsite to make sure all is well with my world.

I also hope to make it to an ADK fall get together next year to meet some fellow trippers.

Plans are to explore some more in Atikaki PP. It is across the Manitoba border from Woodland Caribou PP. A lot of varied waters to explore but hard to get any info on routes or portages. They are there just no public info available.Tentative route flying into Brad and flying out of Scout.

Back