• Happy Scream Day! 😱

My canoe is finally here! (pic heavy)

You're most welcome, Bob. Thanks for sharing them.

I guess the first photo is a decomposing moose?

Bob, I'm glad to see that you got a WCPP trip in this year. It sounded ify early on this year.

Wonderful pics. Really like that last one with your tripod stool on shore. Looked like a perfect spot for a rest.

I enjoyed seeing those pictures of your new canoe in WCPP again Bob, helps pass the winter away.

Any plans for the coming year? How's the knee?

Great photos. Very dreamy. I like the shellac and the waterline on the hull. It makes trim really easy and looks good doing it.

ppine, I have enjoyed the shallac bottom, it is a tuff bottom and easy to fix up ( plus I like the look). Robin, thanks for resurrecting this old post. As for my knee ... every day is an adventure. It is better for sure, but it ain't right. I reckon it will not get much better. I can bend it enough to kneel, but not by much. I may never be able to sit on my heels again, just way to far of a bend for me.

My plans were to drive to a resort near the end of the Bloodvein and park my truck. I would then take a Ferry to Winnipeg, spend the night, take a train to red lake with my canoe on it, and get picked up by Harlan. From there I was going to to get a boat ride on Red lake to my put in, cross the park, run the Bloodvien and finish at my truck. However, in my hunt for a canoe dog/canine soul mate, I found a Chessie that melts my heart just thinking about her. My wife's heart did not melt, nor did it warm. No chessie for me. However, we did find two Vizsla pups ( Lord helps us). So I will be raising/training 2 pups this spring, summer in the hopes of having 2 nice family dogs and possibly a canoe partner.

I may not get to the North Country this year Robin. I am hoping that in a summer or two I will have a dog with enough training and obedience to be a solo canoe buddy. I guess I will have to keep you posted on this one.

Bob.

Bob, if yoiu get around to wanting to do that Bloodvein trip, there are easier ways to have your truck at the end for you. The ferry only goes to Matheson Island and is iffy at best. A train to Red Lake is a bit of an adventure that you dont need, if it even goes there now. We have been known to do shuttles for deserving individuals...guys that have nice W/C canoes for instance.

Take another year and get that knee back in use.

Christy

Sometimes life gets in the way of our canoeing plans, hope your knee improves and the training goes well with the pups.

I agree with Murat, this is a very pleasing picture-

aWgzWEp.jpg

Hi Bob, I was sorry to read that your plans for a Chessie pup fell through. However I've heard some wonderful things about the Vizsla breed. Very sweet and loving and easier to train. They will probably need help with the biting bugs.
I'm really sorry about the knee, maybe more time will help. Sometimes what is impossible today will be no problem in a month. I've been impressed how much heat will ease and encourage healing. I have noticed on my own body, some things that just must be lived with, the pain seems to have diminished over time.
I also have tried gently rubbing/kneeding the tissues, helps with the pain and maybe acts to stimulate the area to heal more and gets the scar tissue to loosen up.

On the bad days I tell myself a little joke: All these aches and pains are God's way of telling us that it won't be all that bad being dead.

And anyways....it could be worse, just look at that moose!

Best Wishes, Rob

Back