• Happy Marine Mammal Rescue Day! 🐳🐬🦭🦦

Howdy. New member, New boat

Reaction score
Howdy everyone,
We hope to meet some of you and learn. Many years ago I did extensive canoe tripping in the Boundary Waters and into Canada. We used ubiquitous Grummans and Duluth packs of course. How things have changed!
We are close to taking delivery of a Swift Prospector (Prospector 16 Carbon Innegra H-Weave / KF CKT). Lovely wife and I are looking forward to many future adventures. We have a standard poodle who is great outdoors, he will be a fantastic third in the boat.
We are VERY interested in tripping lake to lake and Inn to Inn.

Welcome and congrats on the prospector. I have the Swift Prospector 14 pack and love it.

Will you return to BWCAW or paddle elsewhere?

Welcome to the site! There are a lot more options for gear today but many still use Duluth packs and traditional gear (been awhile since I've seen a Grumman on the water though). IMO there's really no wrong way to do it. Enjoy!

Thanks Bill and Jim.
We will look for lakes where we can park our trailer along the east coast. Also, we are very very interested in finding Inn to Inn canoe paddling.
Wonderful wife is less keen on tent camping however she is a great athlete and up for anything that finishes with a shower ;)
As much as I love Northern Lake camping that will be for another day.
LOL I for one will not miss that Grumman or the Duluth pack.

Howdy everyone,
We hope to meet some of you and learn.

Too Tall (et ux.), welcome to site membership! Feel free to ask any questions and to post messages, photos and videos in our many forums. Please read Welcome to CanoeTripping and Site Rules! Also, please add your location to your profile, which will cause it to show under your avatar, as this is a geographic sport. We look forward to your participation in our canoe community.

We discuss, report, photograph and video all sorts of canoe trips on this forum. Members in Canada or who travel there often go on extended wilderness trips. In eastern U.S., the trips are necessarily shorter, often day tripping or paddling from moving base camps.

Paddling inn-to-inn sounds like a wonderful idea, and I don't offhand recall discussion about that. You could start a thread and ask if anyone has any experience with or ideas about such trips. Or maybe you will become the self-taught experts in that venture, in which case I hope you will share your trips with some reports and photos here. Part of our mission on this site is to preserve all sorts of canoe knowledge, skills and experiences for future generations.

The paddle inn to inn is interesting. Sea kayaks on Maine coast and a few others, but most seem to be outfitted trips for big bucks, not diy. Not wilderness but pretty sure you could do this on Erie Canal for one.

Intriguing.

Thanks Bill, I'll check out the canal.
I started a new thread on the topic. Maybe we can get some ideas cooking there.
10-4 on D.I.Y. I NOT paying for a guide!!!! No offense ment to guides.

Back