• Happy National Garlic Day! 🧄🚫🧛🏼‍♂️

Cast Your Vote for Blade Finish in Knife Build FUNdraiser

I like the double sided knife finish idea, satin/mirror. Like an old vinyl 45 rpm A side and B side. (We can argue about which is which. That'll get us to June.)
Not being sure which side of the parking token was heads, and not wanting to offend the American looking eagle by giving it the inferior side of tails...anyway, that's how it went. Grandkids thought I was nuts flipping a coin and taking pictures, posting on the laptop all while they were rustling Fruitloops outta the cereal box. The 12 year old murmured "Fruitloops-loopy" while she was looking at me. Funny. Sassy. And cut off from cereal for the rest of the holidays.

McCrea be stylin, wearin da bling.

I'll treat all my fellow voters-jurors to a big campfire breakfast next time we trip. Bannock, coffee, scrambled eggs. No Klik. No chillies.

Last edited:
I was gonna do best out of 7, but I handed Miranda the parking token and asked "Where'd this come from?" She was walking around the kitchen talking (maybe to me, I wasn't paying attention), and now she can't remember where she put it down.

I want to inspect that coin ! You didn't put any PINE TAR on the other side did you ? HA !

Thanks for making this entertaining !:)

Jim

As a royals fan I would have to say pine tar on the coin would not deliberately violate the spirit of the rules. Although it is interesting that the coin was quickly hidden away much the same as the Brett bat.

Umm. For the sake of pedantry, I think you have your coin logic flipped so to speak. The heads side is the front of the coin and the tails side is the back, the side with the bird that has a tail. Therefore, based on your tosses, mirror is the actual result. So, mirrored it is, get to polishing Rippy, no need wait on further discourse.

In case my argument doesn't work, and this is going to sound a little crazy, but how about polishing one side of the blade and leaving the other side matte? That way you have the choice to hide from the bears or blind them with the brilliance, or just have a constant reminder of the struggle that took place here.

Edit: also with a juxtaposed blade we could have a much more dangerous game of chance, the knife flip.

(Hands over ears) Nah nah nah nah, I can't hear you guys anymore.

Mike, you're a good sport, and I gotta say, even with the canoe ornaments dangling from your Santa like beard, you still scare the crap outta me!

Umm. For the sake of pedantry, I think you have your coin logic flipped so to speak. The heads side is the front of the coin and the tails side is the back, the side with the bird that has a tail. Therefore, based on your tosses, mirror is the actual result. So, mirrored it is, get to polishing Rippy, no need wait on further discourse.

In case my argument doesn't work, and this is going to sound a little crazy, but how about polishing one side of the blade and leaving the other side matte? That way you have the choice to hide from the bears or blind them with the brilliance, or just have a constant reminder of the struggle that took place here.

Edit: also with a juxtaposed blade we could have a much more dangerous game of chance, the knife flip.

I like that idea a lot actually!! It would be really unique!!

Back