• Happy Birthday, William Shakespeare (1564-1616)! 2️⃣🅱️, 🚫2️⃣🅱️

Canvas tent ponderings

My snow trekker is only 25lbs with the frame. It packs down to about 10 inches x 30.... Not small but like Gerrit said, well worth it especially starting this time of year, and early spring.

I make the bags out of old tent material and single stitch them, that way if they do freeze hard (rare, only if there's a thaw,-freeze) a hard tug will rip the stitching so you can peel it up, then you just resew when you get home

The Kanguk weighs 18 pounds and rolls up pretty small. If you cut your pole out on the bush, there's really not much too it. I sure like the convenience of the snowtrekker, just not the price. Snowtrekker is on the list (the lottery win list).

I'm with you Mem, I went with the Snow trekker because of the style and the quality of the fabric, not for the price...lol

my dream tent would be a 8 sided 20 inches walls and a 8 to 9 feet apex... made out of Ventile or Ethaproof
But that would be some thing I would have to make and getting the fabric would be complicated!!

So I'm looking hard at this Atuk Kanguk tent as well and for a 20% more I can go 12x12 and and double the livable space and gain more side wall height. I have a cot I want to bring moose hunting and the extra side wall height would be better.

What size did you get?

Tell me what you don't like about it.

still on the fence re selling the Snowtrekker. I'm looking for $750 USD for a package of tent and stove and pipe. The Stove is the KniCo Packer. Not pipe supports. Yes on tent supports.
Its hardly been used. At least ten years old. Stakes not included. The stove has been used a couple of times and has an extra bottom.

Rob, did you see my non-moose hunting report? http://www.canoetripping.net/forums...annual-moose-hunting-bud-lite-killing-weekend

Here's what I like about the kanguk 12 x 12.....It's going to be hot as heck in the winter. The pitched roof pushes the heat back down faster and harder than the snowtrekker design. This will be good at -30. Not so good above zero.

Once you get a proper pitch, there is lots of room inside the tent. Well, lots for two people. It's a good 2 person tent.

it's half the price of the snowtrekker.

Dislikes.....it's harder to set up than the snow trekker.

I see Guy is offering a new tent now, called the snow walker. I probably would have bought that one if he had it then. 10 x 12 rectangular shape, looks like there would be more usable space in it.

I'm hoping that if things aren't frozen by the second weekend of Nov, I'm going to do one more canoe trip with the Kanguk. It really is snug as bug in rug, stretched out on a big cot at night, listening to CBC radio and reading a book, the stove snapping away, and the rest of the world many miles away.

Back