• Happy National Telephone Day! 🔔☎️📱📶

Canoetripping.net Fund Raiser

Wow, that is quite the history. Condolences to all involved.

Admittedly - Robin doesn't seem to me to be the type of guy to just go and start up a canoeing message board, so now it all makes sense. :rolleyes:

I am like Odyssey, a little old fashioned (OK, to be truthful computer illiterate). Sent my Bank Money Order today, with thoughts of a Woods Pack dancing in my head. First thing in the morning, after I brew my coffee, I check this site to see what has already been posted by the good folks who live four time zones East of me. I even enjoy reading the things posted here that don't really interest me, but I find myself being drawn into new areas of interest. Keep up the good work Robin and the rest of you wonderful posters!

The fund raiser has really turned out well. We are very close to $2000 which will keep the site running for a lot longer than I had hoped for. The new end date will be Friday, Dec 9th and the drawing Dec 10th. I hope to have the 3 raffle items in the mail on Monday Dec 12th.
I will also give a summary of funds collected, anticipated expenses and how long the site should be financially secure then also.

Thank You

The fund raiser has really turned out well. We are very close to $2000 which will keep the site running for a lot longer than I had hoped for.

That's really impressive for what seems to be a relatively small group. Happy to be a part of it.

Alan

Small group? I don't recall the numbers exactly; 600+ members with 150+ members active I think?
This is a small group with backgrounds and interests spanning generations and geography, but with one common thread of intense interest winding through our lives - canoe tripping. A pretty cool thing in this modern too busy world of ours.
I hope frequent internet issues don't give Robin sleepless nights; though I suspect they do. A successful fund drive might give him and us a little peace of mind. It does me.

Just noticed this year's fundraiser (haven't signed on in quite a while) and have just sent in a donation via Pay Pal. Do not wish to be entered into the raffle. Appreciate the great forum and wish I could get to it more often.

Hello Robin. Thanks for the work you do here. I've just sent made an e-transfer to your email account. I'm sending you a PM to give you the password to claim the funds.

*Tomorrow is the drawing for the Helinox Chair, the mini twig stove and the original Woods Pack. If you have sent me a check and didn't here back from me, please send me a PM or email. ( I used the email address you used when you registered)

If you want to send a check let me know before tomorrow 1 pm est and I will include you in the raffle.

(Kenneth W and Brad C, I got your cks but no user name, unless it was on the check, which I forgot to check, sorry, I used all the tricks in the book trying to figure out who you guys where, could you send me a PM)

I won't have my Granddaughter "little Claire" here tomorrow to help with the raffle but I will post a video of the proceedings and winners names.

* Thanks to a generous doner, we now have 2 Woods Packs to be raffled off, so two lucky members will end up with a nice piece of Canadian History.

Last edited:
*Tomorrow is the drawing for the Helinox Chair, the mini twig stove and the original Woods Pack. If you have sent me a check and didn't here back from me, please send me a PM or email. ( I used the email address you used when you registered)

If you want to send a check let me know before tomorrow 1 pm est and I will include you in the raffle.

(Kenneth W and Brad C, I got your cks but no user name, unless it was on the check, which I forgot to check, sorry, I used all the tricks in the book trying to figure out who you guys where, could you send me a PM)

I won't have my Granddaughter "little Claire" here tomorrow to help with the raffle but I will post a video of the proceedings and winners names.

* Thanks to a generous doner, we now have 2 Woods Packs to be raffled off, so two lucky members will end up with a nice piece of Canadian History.

dang exciting!! I need a new pack... As for the other things, I don't need them, but I can use them:cool:

Oh boy, another draw! What fun! I was going to donate a holiday Spam pack, but I guess I waited to long. Looking forward to seeing the video!

Back