• Happy Birthday, William Shakespeare (1564-1616)! 2️⃣🅱️, 🚫2️⃣🅱️

Canoetripping.net Fund Raiser

This site is one of the few places I can go on the web and not be absolutely overrun with adds and banners and sidebars and pop-ups. Thanks for keeping it clean.

Robin, I don’t use paypal, check is in the mail.

You can take me out of the running for the stove and pack, I have too dang much gear as it is.

If I can think of something lightweight to make and mail I may add another item to the give-aways. Maybe a Reflectix pouch for insulating freeze dried meals.

After winning everything last year, plus many side awards, and too many cans of Spam to count, I feel I must take myself out of any raffle.

By the way, in a drunken stupor last weekend, I opened the jalapeno Spam. It wasn't as tasty as I thought it would be.

Finally. The Spam hoarder is feeling guilty. It's about time. (just kidding)
My contribution will be making it's way to Connecticut soon. That's a cool looking pack and nice looking stove, but I too will decline the generous prize opportunities. I am rich in canvas pack and twig stove assets (though poor in many others), but I trust an excellent and lucky member will put them to very good use, and maybe post a trip report (with or without Spam) next year. That would be cool.
Thanks Robin for letting us participate in showing our support for this forum.

I just added a Helinox Chair One (like new) donated by one of our members. So with your donation, you get an equal chance at winning either an original Canadian Woods Pack (not made anymore), a custom made light weight "twig" stove or a Helinox Chair One, your choice..
Thanks to the 3 generous members who made this happen.

Last edited:
After winning everything last year, plus many side awards, and too many cans of Spam to count, I feel I must take myself out of any raffle.

By the way, in a drunken stupor last weekend, I opened the jalapeno Spam. It wasn't as tasty as I thought it would be.

How quick he forgets

And the gorgeous gear just keeps rolling in! Thank you to the three generous donors! Now I'm asking myself "Can I have too many canvas canoe packs with history? Too many quality twig stoves? Too much comfort up off the ground? Any one of these would be welcome in any serious tripper's camp. Good luck to all members.

Robin - Haven't been on a computer since last Friday morning so this morning is the first I'm seeing your post. I'll get over to PayPal this morning to make my contribution. Thanks so much for all you do on our behalf. This is one site I check just about every time I see a computer!

That's all for now. Take care and until next time...be well.

snapper

Robin. Paypal sent.

This is my first post on the site, but really enjoy and visit almost every day.
Wanted to say thank you to Robin by supporting. Your efforts are appreciated.

PayPal charges the recipient 2.5%, USPS charges the sender $0.46 First Class postage, and ALL of the contribution goes to the cause. Check's in the mail, Robin. By the way, I already have a camp chair, a Duluth pack, and a twig stove, so don't need to duplicate (but I always carry a spare paddle...).
Brad

Check is in the mail. Not much but every little bit helps I guess. Great site!

Money order goes in the mail this week. (I'm a little old fashioned.)
The other day I was dropping off my better half at the train station for her commute to work, and to pass the time waiting I was telling her about this fundraiser. Very first thing out of her mouth was "Is there another knife this year? THAT was a nice looking knife I nearly won last year." I explained no, no knife this year. But there's other stuff she can nearly win this year. I added "I declined the raffle tickets, I'll just donate. I already have enough packs, stoves and stuff." She turned to face me, took my face in her hands and peered really up close. (I thought she was gonna kiss me?!) Instead she leaned back and finally said "Okay, who are you and what have you done with my husband!?"
I don't know how many tickets my Canadian funny money will buy, but I'm all in. If that's okay.

ps I know she won't read this post over my shoulder, but today I bought her something for her Christmas stocking. It's very sharp and comes in a sheath...And I doubt she'll let me borrow it.

Last edited:
Just an update. The fund raiser is going well, so far 40 people have donated close to 2/3's of the funds needed to keep the site hosted and maintained for a year. Thank You very much.
Just a reminder that those are pretty good odds to win one of the 3 gifts that will be raffled to the donor pool, each donor gets an equal chance at their choice of gifts available.

image_4460_zpsripmcjhg.jpg

DSC02614_zps1jqxyvfd.jpg

IMG_6895_zpsfp7pu3gl.jpg

Back