• Happy Marine Mammal Rescue Day! 🐳🐬🦭🦦

The Psychology of Choosing the "Perfect" Canoe

I assume you are going to race that with a double paddle. Are you also going to single stick it like your Rapidfire?
uggh, unfortunately, racing rules for that class of boat (solo rec) require a double blade paddle. Dip, swish and drip. However, as with my Rapidfire and Swift Cruiser, 99.999% of the rest of the time I am in that boat (or any other) I will single blade it. I will double only very briefly during my pre-race training just to get my race rhythm set. I will certainly single blade always when tripping. Joe is installing a custom higher than his standard highest seat option for me, as is my preference.

Just recently purchased our second perfect canoe. For me they must be used & somewhat neglected or put to pasture for some reason or another as I enjoy breathing a bit if life back into them.

It’s like going to those huge grocery stores, just too many choices and time consuming . Nevertheless, interesting to look and drool over the many new models. Now in my golden years, a lighter canoe would be preferable but dragging over shallow rivers and bush wak portages ( could call them non- existent portages) requires a tough poly boat and a strong back. The poly is slow but durable and some of us are not in a hurry, anymore.

Back