• Happy National Audubon Day! 🐣🐦🦅🕊️

Results

Congrats!!

A big thanks to Robin for keeping this ship afloat and to Rippy for donating his fine craftsmanship for the cause.

Last edited:
Glad the fundraiser went well. I take some solice knowing that the Ripster will never rust being constantly coated with canned pork fat.

Robin, it was worth helping with the fake/joke part of the raffle just to see your bewildered reaction when you drew the real winner’s name and it was the same as the one you knew to be a rigged set-up draw for “second place”.

The Ripset couldn’t have found a better home.

That was beautiful Robin, sitting your granddaughter on a Bay blanket in a wood canvas canoe, and pulling the winning ticket out of a woven basket. And in the workshop. Perfect!! Thanks Robin.
I'm happy. It was a really fun DIY project to follow, watching Dave show us his skills and a great tutorial; and it was a very generous donation of time, material and skill on Rippy's part. Thanks Dave.
Fun bonus prize! And a generous knife donation to put in that dazzler sheath. Thanks Mike.
Now I can't wait to see the trip report!!

Congratulations memequay!!

Last edited:
That was great. I was secretly pulling for Memaquay to win. Even better knowing that he's out partying tonight (no doubt playing the roll of designated driver) and that in the wee hours of the morning he'll log in to see the results.

Robin: No worries about us thinking it was rigged. We all knew Mem took out a second mortgage on the house in order to buy more tickets.

This place is gonna seem pretty tame now that the raffle is over. Sure was a lot of fun.

Alan

How much money was raised, if we can ask of course? And much of that was actually Mem's money lol...

Good job on the drawing Robin. Wow, now Mem can end his hunger strike. Congratulations Mem.
R-?-H, got a middle initial?I got some serious sharpening to do so you can work on your bucket list. For those that didn't follow the build thread, I promised that the Ripster would be sharp enough to shave the but hairs off this warthog. Will start on the sheath tomorrow morning. Dave
shutterstock_58633351.jpg

Could you do custom artwork on the sheath? I'm thinking a bear with a lightning bolt shooting out of its rear end might look nice.

Alan

The grandfathers have smiled on our friend Memaquay. This has been the most funnest fundraiser I can remember. Well done by all involved, especially Rippy.

Christy

I just got home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Watched the video before i looked at any comments, had no hope at all, never won anything in my life. I was on a baseball team when i was 8, our team lost every game, except for one. The other team was short a player, so they put me on the team. My team won, but the team they drafted me to lost! I'm truly humbled by Rippy's knife and by the other knife (I'm assuming Mike M had something to do with it). I guess I will have to swing both ways again, with the Plaid Prancer on on side and Ripster on the other. My wife's middle name is Claire, so I'm thinking Robin's very sweet grand daughter had something to do with it. I will write a bigger acceptance speech tomorrow, thanking everyone, especially Rippy and Robin for giving us all one of the most exciting months of our lives! Thank you everyone!

It was truly a blast !
Congratulations Mem !!!

Mem was #38, I was #39 ! Story of my life ! Not really !
Loved every minute of it !

Next Time !!!

Jim

How much money was raised, if we can ask of course? And much of that was actually Mem's money lol...
Just under $1800, which will keep the site in black for a long time. Thanks to everyone who donated and Thanks again to our friend Rippy for providing us with a chance to win such a fine knife and thanks to all those who made it so much fun.
From the beginning I was concerned about the raffle coming across as legitimate. I knew that it would be easy to raise some eyebrows and I really thought with all those names in that basket it was anyone's knife to win.
Using the GoPro made it an all day thing, but I hope it helped make everyone feel the drawing was fair and on the up and up. I really was hesitant to "perform" the second drawing for fear of tainting the first drawing after Memaquay won, but Mike McCrea really deserved to see it happen (Thanks Mike) so I went with it hoping folks would understand. My only regret was not getting better close ups of the knife and sheath that Mike had so nicely personalized.

DSC01578.JPG

DSC01579.JPG

Back