• Happy Marine Mammal Rescue Day! 🐳🐬🦭🦦

Bear Mountain - a well-deserved retirement

Ted and Joan have left quite a legacy !
I can't imagine any builder out there,that hasn't benefited by their contribution !
I know I have !
A Big heart felt Thank You is in order !
Enjoy your retirement !
Than you !

Jim Dodd

Bear Mountain Boats has announced that they will be retiring. News here (Facebook - sorry): https://fb.watch/mQOwaTrRBV/

I only see a video of an SUV pulling a boat. The text that accompanies the video gives folks info on where Bear Mountain's resources will live on:

"Sept 1, 2023. A significant day for Ted and I and all who have been involved with Bear Mountain Boats over the years.
After 45 years building and restoring boats, teaching classes and producing books and materials for aspiring boat builders worldwide, we have closed our large workshop and passed on our resources. Noah's Marine in Toronto will continue to sell our plans, books and materials. Andrew Lee and his crew at Sirens Boatworks in Merrickville, Ontario have taken the majority of our tools and jigs to supplement their workshop. John Hendren at John's Little Boat Shop near Peterborough is building the legendary sprint racing canoes for the clubs across Canada. Ted and I will continue to provide support to boat builders. I have taken on the sales of our little dragon boat called the Dragonfly which is manufactured by Nova Craft Canoe in London, On.
We hope to live with a little less pressure and have some time to visit friends.
Thanks to everyone who believed in us.
with love - Joan and Ted."

Back