• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Recent Upgrade

G

Hi All,

Did anyone notice funny things after Monday's upgrade to the new version of vBulletin? (Beside the obvious logo change at the top)

Don't like it. Who are you? I think I may stay away since I don't know who you are..

Last edited:
Waivej is the IT guy installing the new version of vBulliten. Things will get back to normal with some tweaking, give it some time. It happened suddenly cause that's the nature of the internet, you don't announce too much in advance for security reasons. It was also done during the day cause John is a family guy and works days.

So if you have any issues besides "I don't like what it looks like" (I don't either) (I hated the new Canadian Canoe Routes when they changed years ago, now I can't remember what they looked like before) let John know here. Some issues might be fixed before too long, but any issue is worth mentioning just to bring it out to every ones attention.

Thanks

I just spoke with John, (IT guy) and he said the new version of vBulliten was not compatible with the old site style, so this style we have now was used to get the site up and running till a custom style can be designed(by John with my input). The good news is that the site is very much more secure with the new version (and license) from vBulliten and new updates provided under the license can be installed when released by vBulliten in a never ending battle against the folks who would do us harm.

So, if you see something that is wrong or doesn't work, please let us know. Thanks Again.

If this site is more secure, then I'm happy (for everyone). I'll figure out my way around the new looking place. Thanks Robin and Waivej.

waivej:
Noticed two things this afternoon: 1. Hard to get on the site at all. 2. Once on the site, can't find a link to "new posts." I am not the savviest about computer stuff, so the 'new posts' link might very well be here somewhere. Will keep trying. Agree with prior comment re value of increased security. Thanks for taking over the webmaster role, and Thanks, Robin, for keeping on top of the administrator's role. Still eager to make a donation to the site if I knew how.

Paranoia at work here. After writing up TR's I hate to see them go poof. I would have responded differently if I knew the OP with his OP 1 was the IT guy.

Nice to see you found someone to help you out Robin. And the gent looks like he has a good grasp of migrating the site to a newer version. Not an easy task.

As for the over-all design, I'm sure we'll all make do and wait in anticipation for the final layout. Things like that take time to do right.

Dave

Different is not good nor bad, just different, Embrace the change and know that it is for the best interest for the site which is in all our best interest. :clap:

The logo picture appears to be Pog Lake in Algonquin Park in Canada. Very appropriate for MYCCR, but this site was . . . BORN IN THE USA!

(Hat tip to that great stroker, Bruce Springsteen.)

The logo picture appears to be Pog Lake in Algonquin Park in Canada. Very appropriate for MYCCR, but this site was . . . BORN IN THE USA!

(Hat tip to that great stroker, Bruce Springsteen.)
Really? This is a site for 'Muricans, should I take my Canuck arse back to Canadian websites?

I noticed a "like" button under posts.... but now i don't see it anymore.
I noticed the order of posts is backwards. i like latest on top. can't seem to figure out where to go to fix that (should be my preference)
I noticed the print is smaller and WAY harder for my old eyes to read... the "flag" and "quote" buttons are almost invisible.
I can't find "new posts", and "new topics" isn't the same thing...
I don't like that i have to find an click yet another button just to sign in on the home page...

i like that things are more secure.
I'll get used to the new color scheme.

Thanks, new guy, for helping fix it... thankless work. i couldn't do it without telling someone where to get off.

No Title

Glen, how about this one then?
It's a Canadian paddling on an American lake with the pic taken by this site's owner.
Just because it's a photo of me should have nothing to do with it! LOL
I'll bet Robin and YC have hundreds of similar photos.

Attachments

• photo430.jpg
    photo430.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 0
Really? This is a site for 'Muricans, should I take my Canuck arse back to Canadian websites?
Steady guys, steady; let's not do that whole 1812 thing all over again. I had family fighting on both sides of that frontier fight.
Everything is streamlined, so like a new car, I have to find all the right buttons. Glenn asks a good question (several), what is a subscription?
I'm looking forward to the customized site. Maybe by then I'll have found out how to tune the radio.

Back