• Happy Birthday, Liberace (1919-87)! 🤵🏻🎹🕎

Photo of the day

Jim,
That's my buddy's Wee Lassie II. He says his legs and feet fall asleep if he's in the boat too long. Apparently, the 2 hours we were on Grizzle Ocean was too long!! He was getting ready to get out of the boat and I said "Wait, let me get my camera ready!" I thought I was kidding!! Oh, it's such a funny, perfectly time photo...hull under water, feet in the air, fishing rod going for a ride. It was in the 50's and most of his all synthetic clothing dried quickly, but not his sponge like fleece vest.
He went for brookies and got not even a nibble, I went just to get out. A 1 mile paddle, a 1.2 mile carry, and then a couple hours on Grizzle Ocean (more like Grizzle Puddle! )
It was a gorgeous day though, and I'll always have that perfectly timed photo.

Here's our own PA Tripper on the right at the Allagash Wilderness, Maine (great story here http://downeast.com/allagash50/ )

DEE1605Allagash_2.png

At the nearby Deer Flat reserve, we have a large population of nesting western grebes. I love watching these birds when they're mating. Missed out on the dances this year, but I got to spend some time with them last Saturday...

Jim,
That's my buddy's Wee Lassie II. He says his legs and feet fall asleep if he's in the boat too long. Apparently, the 2 hours we were on Grizzle Ocean was too long!! He was getting ready to get out of the boat and I said "Wait, let me get my camera ready!" I thought I was kidding!! Oh, it's such a funny, perfectly time photo...hull under water, feet in the air, fishing rod going for a ride. It was in the 50's and most of his all synthetic clothing dried quickly, but not his sponge like fleece vest.
He went for brookies and got not even a nibble, I went just to get out. A 1 mile paddle, a 1.2 mile carry, and then a couple hours on Grizzle Ocean (more like Grizzle Puddle! )
It was a gorgeous day though, and I'll always have that perfectly timed photo.

That's an excellent picture haha I'm glad nobody is that Johnny on the spot with a camara when I'm being silly :- )

An approaching storm just after supper. Time to tighten lines and tidy up, then sit down by the shore with a coffee and feel the mood swings of summer.

P9080245.JPG

Back