• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

New favorite knife!

I too like the handiness of a sheath knife, but want to strongly recommend that you have it in s sheath that the blade can't cut through in a fall. Serious injury and even deaths have happened that way. You can sometimes buy such sheaths, or you can line your leather one with a steel insert on the blade side. Also a sheath that swings freely pivots out of the way better. IHS,Turtle

I have carried a knife since 1960. I have traveled through 48 States, 4 Provinces and 1 Territory and I have never heard of a sheath knife cutting through a sheath and injuring the carrier in a fall.

I have had a sheath knife start to come through a sheath. Worse yet I have had one come out of its sheath in a horse wreck when I got pitched from a horse. This year I had a spring loaded folder open and lock in my pocket. I carry a sheath knife in a plastic sheath that locks in place.

I have had a sheath knife start to come through a sheath. Worse yet I have had one come out of its sheath in a horse wreck when I got pitched from a horse. This year I had a spring loaded folder open and lock in my pocket. I carry a sheath knife in a plastic sheath that locks in place.

Most knives that I see today do not have a good sheath. The leather is thinner than it should be and they have no way to lock the knife into the sheath. Buck Knives has some of the best sheaths I have seen. Nice thick leather and a strap that snaps around the handle to keep the knife from coming out of the sheath. Too bad their knives are so hard to sharpen. I also have a K-Bar knife that has a good leather sheath that the knife will not cut through the sheath or fall out of the sheath.

Last edited:
Back