• Happy Marine Mammal Rescue Day! 🐳🐬🦭🦦

My Pearl Build

Thanks Dave

I use 3/8" spacers, and that gives plenty of room for lashing, not to mention drainage.

Jim

One more pic.
IMG_0872_zps9bii7fgp.jpg

Jim

Thanks Will

A little extra time, some aspen, and a stripper can catch your eye.

I put Pearl to water last nite.
IMG_0875_zps3dh4nsbj.jpg
IMG_0885_zps7sv46ae5.jpg
IMG_0883_zpsdp8jrmug.jpg
I love this design, as it's stable, good up to class II rapids. Paddling mostly rivers, up and down.

I've got a test planned for when I finish the Kevlar copy.

Thanks for following along !

Jim

Looks like a perfect evening for it. Looks great on the water and I'm happy to hear she performed admirably. Looking forward to a comparison with the Kevlar model.

Alan

Looks like a perfect evening for it. Looks great on the water and I'm happy to hear she performed admirably. Looking forward to a comparison with the Kevlar model.

Alan

Me TOO ! I'll wait until you're back !

Jim

Fleece as filleting material?! Wow... never thought of that... I used a couple large handfuls of sawdust to thicken the epoxy when I did my stitch and glue Eureka... Pretty neat idea. Thanks.

I even used yellow fleece as a replacement for the Kevlar felt used for skid plates on the ends of canoes.

The great thing, is I can sand it smooth. Kevlar doesn't sand, it fuzzes. I know it's not as durable as Kevlar, but it adds enough thickness, it will take a long time to wear through. It adds about, .090".

Jim

One more pic.

Attachments

• IMG_0886_zpsntibxayo.jpg
    IMG_0886_zpsntibxayo.jpg
    294.6 KB · Views: 0
Congratulations on finishing it up. Another work of art. I really like the pattern on the bottom. Did you weigh it yet?

Thanks for the kind words, memaquay and Muskrat !
It's been a great journey.

Jim

Did you weigh it yet?

It's heavy at a little over 50 # Good thing I'm not far behind with the Kevlar !

Pearl has Ash trim, flotation chambers, extra 6oz S-glass layer on the bottom (outside) and heavy duty seats. I like them durable.

Jim

High School Classmate stopped by for a paddle, so I put him in the Pearl.
IMG_1123_zpszg4ydpog.jpg
IMG_1124_zps927xpxby.jpg

Jim

Back