• Happy National Blueberry Pie Day! 🫐🥧

Left over Epoxy ?

Reaction score
I always have left over epoxy from glassing a hull, or what ever.
Last night was no exception ! Here's something you can do with excess resin.
IMG_0592_zpssomtik3t.jpg
IMG_0593_zpserub0luk.jpg
IMG_0596_zps1btnidnz.jpg

1/4" carriage bolts placed in resin, held in place by drilling a hole in another cup and inserting.
I'm hoping to find a use for these now !:rolleyes:

Jim

I'm following along with the pictures and wondering just what the heck you're going to do with them only to get to the end and find out you don't know either! ;)

Alan

Keep the Ideas coming !
I did one awhile with a 1/4" nut imbedded. Haven't used it either, but still looking for ideas ! Thanks !

Jim

I have resin log, all my leftover resin gets put on that. The bottom is rotting out but the top is holding strong!

What you have made there is a hand-tightening knob with a threaded stud. You might want to round off the edges a bit and if you really are going hog wild you could carve some knurls for better grip. These knob/studs will find use in applications such as removable thwarts, temporary mounts of gadgets onto thwarts or gunwale stops on racks.

I have resin log, all my leftover resin gets put on that. The bottom is rotting out but the top is holding strong!

Like Doug I have an epoxy stump. Any kind of leftover epoxy get coated on top, as well as foreign currency I accumulated as change. It is a Maple stump with lots of Canandian penny maple leaf coinage epoxied atop.

It is still intact, but I’ve gotten better at making the appropriate amount of epoxy for the job.

I try to have stuff prepped and ready that can take any excess epoxy. The foot ends of outside sawhorses is a good use.

The heads of splitting mauls and axes have all been coated in my possession.
I too try an minimize epoxy waste.

Still looking for more ideas !

Jim

How about filling ping pong, or tennis balls for tarp, or throw weights? What about coating the bottom of walking sticks or even canoe poles? Grab some of your wife's old chocolate or candy molds and start filling away. You'll have all your Christmas tree ornaments for the tree done in no time.

Back