• Happy National Garlic Day! 🧄🚫🧛🏼‍♂️

Just the Tip of the Icecube........

Reaction score
Well, I get down reading the news usually but the other day I had an idea:

You know how we've had all these discussions about Personal Locator Beacons? How some are expensive and others are questionable if they will function? And then where do you pack them and on and on.

So bear with me on this; now that the NSA has more or less been ejected "out of closet" and we all know what they've been up to, and given that our tax dollars have paid for it all, why can't they take over the job of Personal Locator Beacon? There is no doubt that they've got more sophisticated equipment than I could ever carry and also I wouldn't need to worry if the batteries went flat! And in one fell swoop they'd go from being the bad guys to "Mr. Helpful" (in a black trench coat and hat).

Gosh, I think up some great ideas! Of course, this service would be extended to our comrades north of the border. (are we far enough away from the cold war where I can safely use the word "comrades"?)
So anyway, here's how it would work: Robin is setting at his campfire and reflecting on how great those fish were, fried in batter in his cold-handled pan, and looking at the evening glow reflected in the clouds, speaks into his special collar button: "What's the weather going to be tomorrow?" and with a slight pause a electronic voice emanates from the button and gives him the latest weather update for his area plus or minus 50 feet!

Now there's the idea in broad outline, there may be a few bugs to work out but I'm sure they will be no problem.

Best Wishes, Rob

While you where typing the above, I got a call from the IRS, seems you used "cold handle" "Robin" and "NSA" and these words when used together have a direct link to myself and Joe Biden's secret phone line.
You thought being the current administrator (hint hint) of Canoetripping.Net was a thankless no power job...
Have you heard from Joe yet? Look out behind that nice deck you have, he might be lurking behind a "Bush"....

But, after all is said and done, it might be a good way to recoup some of those hard earned tax dollars those of you who still work have to pay.
No more electronics out on the trail, what a great savings. But all trip reports will be reviewed for accuracy and any errors will be high-lited by a new Government agency, canoetripping.gov

Dang! I'm so clueless; I did get a call, never figured out what it was. A gruff voice was on the line and said "Stand by for a call from the Vice-President", I thought it probably was one of those tella marketer things and I held on so I could ask to be taken off the list. I waited for the longest time and the only thing I could hear was Sesame street playing in the background. Then the voice came back and said "The ice cream truck just went by; he'll call you back later." I don't know but I still think it was some shyster trying to sell me some kind of bill of goods.
I believe I'll let the dog take the next call, this is all too high powered for me.
Cornfused...Rob

Good idea!!! HOWEVER, our gubmint being what it is........ Rick Santori (he a senator or rep from PA) actually had legislation prepared a couple of years ago to charge the general public for using NOAA weather forecasts! This guy had enough support to be a candidate for president if you recall. So the only change to your scenario, OM, would be the voice would first ask for your credit card info.

Back