• Happy Marine Mammal Rescue Day! 🐳🐬🦭🦦

Hello from the UK

...she did take approximately 150 photos yesterday
A future photographer perhaps... I have a friend who is a professional photographer and takes amazing pictures. I once asked how he managed such shots... his reply: "Take hundreds of pictures; keep the 3 really good ones" (and this was before digital cameras)

A future photographer perhaps... I have a friend who is a professional photographer and takes amazing pictures. I once asked how he managed such shots... his reply: "Take hundreds of pictures; keep the 3 really good ones" (and this was before digital cameras)
Yes, I shared a nice little selection of her photos with the club after our Sunday paddle. She had fun and that's the main thing :)

Hi :)

I really thought the male swan was going to attack, wings high on it's back and neck bent into itself - pushing in hard bursts. It just seemed to carry on past us and I breathed a sigh of relief. I love that you have names for the trouble makers :D

I've been to Prague, lovely city. There was a picture of Wenceslas Square in an encyclopedia I was given for Christmas as a child and it looked magical to me. Managed to visit in my 20s and was old enough to enjoy the Staropramen brewery tour 🍻

Most of them feint, although they are very good at it. Some even start an aerial strike and change the direction at the last possible moment to avoid contact. But some just hit head on. You never know.

It's cool that you've been here :) Due to family related reasons I can only paddle on River Vltava in the city these days. Not the most exciting water terrain but the waterfront IS picturesque, hands down. Among others I can see the aforementioned brewery from the river :)

Just looked at your pictures - that swan means business! :oops:
Yes, he's very unpopular :-D

Back