• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Hello from Manitoba

Reaction score
Hello from Riding Mountain National Park in Manitoba. Came across this site a few weeks ago and have learned a ton already!

I bought my first 14 foot fibreglass canoe when I was 12 after working the summer at my uncle's raspberry farm in BC. My wife and I paddle the local creeks and rivers in whitewater qayaqs in spring and also do several flat water canoe trips in Manitoba and Ontario each year. We've spent quite a bit of time in the Experimental Lakes Area and made our first trip to Woodland Caribou this summer. We plan to be back there a lot! We spent 12 days on a sea kayak trip out of Pelly Bay, Nunavut a few years ago and a pac boat trip on Baffin Island is on the wish list. Working in the north makes these trips easier logistically.

Thanks for all your great stories, tips, boat builds and photos.

Daryl

Good to see another fellow Manitoban here. I did 2 Woodland Caribou trips this year, both from Wallace Lake. How was your Woodland trip, and what lakes did you visit?

AH, Riding Mountain National Park. A lot of fond memories of fall camping there. Must be nice to be closer to all those northern paddling waters. Looking forward to more posts from you.

Hi LF. We really enjoyed Woodland Caribou and plan to head back there often. We went through Red Lake and put in at Leano. Then it was Bunny, Lunch, Jake, Mexican Hat, south through several lakes to Paull, Upper Kilburn, Kilburn and back to Leano 6 days later. We took our royalex Bob Special and travelled pretty light, single porting. It was good to get back to Red Lake. We hadn't been there since 1988 when we spent our honeymoon staking claims on Shabumeni Lake, east of town.

The way in through Wallace Lake is something we'll have to look into. So many choices, which is fantastic!

Hi Quakaq. Welcome to this campfire. I loved Riding Mtn, and hope to get back there some day. I also hope to make my own first time trip to WCPP some day. I'm looking forward to hearing of your paddling adventures.

Great to have you here Quakaq.
Lots to read here. Warm folks to talk to as well. What more can you ask for?
Welcome!

Back