• Happy Marine Mammal Rescue Day! 🐳🐬🦭🦦

Hello From Colorado

Reaction score
Hello From Colorado
Working out and prepping for a canoe camping trip this summer to Grand Mesa Colorado; 10200'.
Accessible, paddle only lakes are few and far between here in Colorado. (Also not crowded lakes.)
My canoe is a 25 year old, fiberglass Old Town Discovery, 12' long, painted in a birch bark motif.
She's old like me but I love her. Enough for now. Happy paddling in warmer climes.
IMG_0898.JPG
Attached is a picture. Not bad for ten thumbs and no artistic talent ! LOL.

Last edited:
Shinintimes, welcome to site membership! Feel free to ask any questions and to post messages, photos and videos, and to start threads, in our many forums. Please read Welcome to CanoeTripping and Site Rules! Also, please add your location to the Account Details page in your profile, which will cause it to show under your avatar, as this is a geographic sport. Many of the site's technical features are explained in Features: Help and How-To Running Thread. We look forward to your participation in our canoe community.

We have members from Colorado, Utah and Arizona. A canoe trip to the largest flat-topped mountain in the world sounds very interesting, so make sure you take some pictures to share with us. We are very visual.

Welcome. I doubt there's a "paddle access only" lake within 400 miles of me but I paddle where I can and road trip when I'm able.

Looks like you've chosen an interesting place for your trip and I'll look forward to the potential trip report.

Back